Can anyone help??? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 01-09-06 Thread Starter

Member car:

Can anyone help???

Hi to everyone!

I am from Russia and drive a 2.0 147 Selespeed (or silly speed as they call it).

The car is great. Engine is excellent, as is the handling and the rest of the car. Except for 3 BUTS!

First. Randomly when driving the accelerator pedal looses feel, and only engages after about half the way through. Soon after this happens, the Motor Control System Failure sign comes on, and the situation with the pedal becomes permanent. If the car is switched off and on again, the system failure sign dissappears, but the situation reoccurs randomly without any apparent reasons.

Secondly, when in traffic and stationary in 1 gear, the engine revvs up on its own, and starts pulling the car in front. If brakes are applied, then the car keeps jerking in front, like someone is pressing accelerator and someone is pulling the brakes.

Third, when in neutral and revved up to 4000-5000 rpms, sometimes the engine does not rev down freely, stopping on 3000 and then 2000 and then stable at 1500 rpms, only to go dows to normal at its own will.

Visits to the dealer rendered no results - they say its just a random fault registered in the car computer. I think it may be more serious than this, but the dealer may not want to carry out warranty works.

The car is just 6 months old and still on warranty. Has done just 4000 km, and very dissappointed with otherwise excellent vehicle.

Can anyone help??????????

I bought it brand new 6 months ago, and still hav 1.5 year warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Victoria

Member car:

Brera 1750Tbi Ti

Re: Can anyone help???

Have you tried a throttle ECU reset?
AO Platinum Member

If its under warantee I'd take it back to where you bought it and tell them to fix it.

Welcome to AO by the way
AO Member

Welcome to the AO great community,

It seems to be a serious issue you should claim under Warranty. Do not wait to long, as I general Warranty people try to find false excuse not to rework - one of them being: "you were aware of the problem - you drove the car and it made it worse - hence the warranty no longer applies.

Good luck and I hope you car will be fixed soon and you will enjoy again the ride.

All the Best

Fabrice
mikebrown

welcome to AO dude

(Post Link) post #6 of 9 Old 05-09-06 Thread Starter

Member car:

Thanks for all replies.

I am taking it tomorrow to an official importer (as opposed to a dealer), and will see if they can fix it. However, I will have to pay for diagnostics , and if covered by guarantee, take it to a dealer for warranty work.

I've noticed however that the rpms are stable with the lights off, but once the lights are switched on, the rpms go up and down randomly and are very unstable, from 800 to 1500 rpms. This in turn causes the car to jerk in front when in gear, and I think this causes malfunction of the accelerator and MCSF message on display.

I will keep everyone posted on the developments, so if anyone got similar problem will know what to do.
(Post Link) post #7 of 9 Old 05-09-06 Thread Starter

Member car:

Also,

When I put 1st gear (selespeed), I hear a loud sound from the engine bay. Same happens when slowing down, and the car switching from 2nd to 1st. Loud click, as if someone is pushing the gears with force.

Is this normal on Selespeeds, or should I mention it to an importer?
Global Mod Team

County: Milano
Garage

Hi mate, welcome to the forum

My SS (had a 147 like yours) didn't make any particular sound when going into gear. So, definitely mention it to the importer/dealer.

Best of luck and keep us posted
AO Rosso Alfa Member

County: Bristol

Welcome to AO

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself