Upgrading a 156 2.5 V6 24v - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 26-08-06 Thread Starter

Member car:

156 2.5 V6 24v

Upgrading a 156 2.5 V6 24v

Hello everybody,

I just have this machine. As I am a new member and my first Alfa, I know there is long a learning process ahead. Not my first Italian as I have had Fiat Uno Turbo and Lancia Thema Turbo, but this one is a different story. I already remapped the ECU with Squadrachip. To take full advantage of this tuning upgrade, I like to go with the Supersprint exhaust (Center tube and rear exhaust only) and a BMC-CDA air intake system. Has anybodoy tried with one or all these upgradings? I have tried Supersprint in turbo cars and it is wonderful but no experience in normally aspirated. I do not have any experience with Carbon Dynamic Airboxes, AMF sensor lasting, etc. Best regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

Re: Upgrading a 156 2.5 V6 24v

I have just bought the full Squadra upgrade for the 2.5 V6 - chip and larger intake runners. Only just fitted the chip this morning and will fit the intake runners hopefully next weekend.

I have performance air filter and Novitec exhaust on my Selespeed and these will probably make their way onto the V6 - I hope to get a good increase in power and improved throttle response from this.
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 26-08-06 Thread Starter

Member car:

156 2.5 V6 24v

I also have the full Squadrachip upgrade. The point is if the BMC-CDA is really a better option compared to a normal factory replacement performance air filter. I have used K & N performance filters in the past with mixed results. BMC also has such performance air filters. CDA's dyno tests show good results but I have not seen one for this particular engine. I also have some doubts on how the maf will behave with more air flow. The relation between the amount of air sucked and the exhaust system used is the most important factor to increase HPs. We all know that. You will notice a big difference when changing the intake runners and alum plate. Such difference in the amount of air sucked will match the amount of fuel added with the ECU remapping. Tell me the result once the intake runners job is done.
mikebrown

welcome to AO dude

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

Tags
156 , 24v , upgrading