dilemma - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 15-08-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

Brera S V6

dilemma

Hi,
I have owned my 156 gta for 2 years, and having recently tested the brera 3.2 have decided to change. Then I have looked at the pics of StuartAlfa's gta on your site (same as mine except the anthracite wheels) and have just realised again what a great car the gta is to look at and drive (with the Autodelta mods). What should I do?
Simon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Monmouthshire
Re: dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstamp
Hi,
I have owned my 156 gta for 2 years, and having recently tested the brera 3.2 have decided to change. Then I have looked at the pics of StuartAlfa's gta on your site (same as mine except the anthracite wheels) and have just realised again what a great car the gta is to look at and drive (with the Autodelta mods). What should I do?
Simon
Sorry for putting into your mind dude, that is a hard choice, its easy for me, i have 2 kids & 4 doors so the GTA is a great all round choice.
I hope its not long now till we see the new 159/ Brera GTA's, it could be worth the wait
Good luck on your choice Simon

Stu
AO Silver Member

Hi bud,

as I owned a 156 GTA and now drive a 3.2 brera (still in my first week) I feel I'm qualified to comment. The 156 is quicker, the brera handles better - it's like it's on rails.

The brera is a smaller car all over (front, rear and boot), although it's got a 60:40 rear seat to make the boot larger than the 156's, but weighs more. The fit and finish on my pieno fiore leather is brilliant - and apart from the passenger seat rocking when empty I have no rattles or noises to speak of.

The v6 noise is not as good on the brera, and the mid range urge on my car vs/the gta (bearing in mind the cars done 230 miles) is not the same. Again Fuel economy is initially worse 20mpg vs 28mpg - so I hope it's going to get better... I can see single figure mpg's on the trip in normal driving when I used to have to hang the balls out on the GTA to get those, but we'll see as it develops.

Is the brera a better car - yes, is it a GTA - no..

Question is with the SV costing 29K plus options add a pair of turbos to the 3.2 for the GTA plus added lightness - will the GTA have the tintop roof for lower weight?? I think you're talking high 30's list. That's too rich for me.

Simon.

Alfa V6 - the ultimate aural pleasure
Simes - the Alfaowner formerly known as Alfa156man
AO Platinum Member

County: Durham

Hi Simon. Welcome to AO.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

Tags
dilemma