Air Conditioning - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 10-08-06 Thread Starter

Member car:

alfa spider

Air Conditioning

Hello there- I hope someone might be able to give me some suggestions.

1) I bought my 97 Spider in January. On the test drive, it pulled sharply to the left, but unsurprisingly the salesman blamed this on the camber on the road. I purchased the car nonetheless and thought it would be a cheap tracking job. We are now in July and this car still drags to the left. The wheel doesn't turn, but the car drifts. If I was on the fast lane of the motorway, and let go of the wheel I woudl be on the hard shoulder in a few seconds.

I have had the tracking and 4 wheel alignment done, and checked no less than three times. Even now, it reads bang on. I have had the bushes replaced, suspension arms, wheels/tyres, infact everything that has been suggested...and thsi wretched (although beautiful looking car, STILL pulls to the left! Argggh! Does anybody have any suggestions? (I am thinking maybe it is symptomatic of Spiders, as I test drove a 3 litre Spider last week and that didnt drive straight either!

2) Also, my air conditioning has failed. I got it re-gassed and the guy said the compressor was broken. I replaced the compressor- the gas man comes back, and still it was blowing out warm air! Arrgh again!! Please, any ideas, my car is stifling! (Maybe a thermostat?)

Thank you

Steve Chandler (Huddersfield)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: West Midlands
Re: Air Conditioning

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven chandler
Hello there- I hope someone might be able to give me some suggestions.

2) Also, my air conditioning has failed. I got it re-gassed and the guy said the compressor was broken. I replaced the compressor- the gas man comes back, and still it was blowing out warm air! Arrgh again!! Please, any ideas, my car is stifling! (Maybe a thermostat?)

Thank you

Steve Chandler (Huddersfield)
Hi Steve, and welcome
Might be worth checking out the heater flaps, if they are broken they will let warm air permanently into the cabin.

Try posting in the tech lounge for more responses
HTH
mikebrown

Re: Air Conditioning

welcome to AO dude

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

Tags
air , conditioning