Another newbie 2.4 JTD Sportswagon - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 20-07-06 Thread Starter

Another newbie 2.4 JTD Sportswagon

Hello to all...

So i've got my first Alfa, I always liked the styling and heard about good performance and i have to say I love my '02 156 2.4 JTD Sportswagon in the metallic blue.

Had a couple of "issues" with it since i bought it about 3 months ago (the arnold clark service manager where i bought it is great, but the rest of the people that work there have absolutely no understanding of customer service).

Issue 1: rear electric windows have stopped working - checking that out this weekend

Issue 2: i was on a 600 mile round trip last month and 60 miles into it, the engine cut out at ermmm about 70mph outside lane of the M6. After an AA roadside help, about 6 more break downs exactly the same problem for another 200 miles ( I didn't have a choice but to keep going ) I eventually got to my hotel. Got it into the local alfa dealership the next day to find that it was the RPM sensor, which of course is not covered on the dealerships warranty Anyway it's fine now.

Issue 3: Unreliable remote. This is how i came across this forum, i was looking for what i could do about this. My problem doesn't exactly match that of the posts but i will again investigate this weekend.

Anyway, bought this car as fingers crossed i will need an estate later this year for a family, and i didn't want to give up on having a nice bit sporty car. I use it for work commuting and about twice a month a trip usually between 500-1000 miles around. So i wanted something comfy and with a bit of power.

Next steps... been looking at angel performance tuning , not sure the wife will go for it though LOL and have to keep an eye on insurance premiums of course!

Anyone got experience of tweaking their 2.4's I'd love your feedback!!

thanks for a great source of info guys.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

mikebrown

Re: Another newbie 2.4 JTD Sportswagon

welcome to AO Mike...

must of been a bit scary with your engine cutting out at 70mph

any pics of her

all the best

(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 20-07-06 Thread Starter

Yes very although i have to admit i was doing a little more than 70 at the time! Suddenly no power steering, brake power loss etc not a good feeling, nearly required a change of underpants.

Pics coming this weekend, i have cleaning and polishing plans for Saturday! At the moment she's covered in bugs.

I see people have mentioned a service/repair manual on cd around the forum, any idea where i can pick one up?
mikebrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepen
Yes very although i have to admit i was doing a little more than 70 at the time! Suddenly no power steering, brake power loss etc not a good feeling, nearly required a change of underpants.

Pics coming this weekend, i have cleaning and polishing plans for Saturday! At the moment she's covered in bugs.

I see people have mentioned a service/repair manual on cd around the forum, any idea where i can pick one up?
here you go dude

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Alfa-Romeo-156...QQcmdZViewItem

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

Tags
jtd , newbie , sportswagon

« Hello, | hi »