First posting - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 17-07-06 Thread Starter

County: Lincolnshire
First posting

Hi Everyone

166 owner with a past history of Alfa ownership including Sud Tii. 164 Super Lusso, GTV twin Spark and now a delightful 166 Super 3.0lt. 6 speed. Does anyone know the reason for rear doors not responding to remote locking. Both packed up within a month of each other. No real problems as long as the front keep working but just plain inconvenient.

The dash board information also seems to be inconsistent sometimes the fuel guage will tell me its empty and then not, I now keep a trip reset for each tank fillup just to be certain of the fuel load. A light can be seen occassionally whilst driving that has something to do with airbags I think but is extremely intermittent and touch wood not shown itself except at start up for some months now.

The car itself is terribly underrated I would say and has road holding second to none for a car in its class and superior to many so called sports cars. I miss the GTV which I likened to driving a scalectric car but without the spin offs. It really handles as if on rails once the setup is sorted. I had to replace the front and rear arms and bushes and the improvement was imense. Amazing how something deteriorates without one really noticing it until new items are fitted. Tyres are a typical example, what a difference when all 4 tyres are replaced at the same time instead of just the usual 2.

Just passing on a few thoughts.

I have attended one local Lincolnshire club meet and met a few owners there but work committments have precluded me going to the last 2. Hopefully I can make the August meeting at the Red Lion, Redbourne.

Cheers
JR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

6C 2500

Re: First posting

Welcome to AO
AO Silver Member

hello and welcome to
ao
AO Silver Member

Member car:

33 156 164

Hi, welcome, get the actuators in the doors checked....

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

Tags
posting