chris - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 08-07-06 Thread Starter

Member car:

147 jtd m

Help brand new multi-jet vibration problem

hi,my name is chris, i,ve been a 147 owner for 4 years.a 2.0 lusso for 3 years which i loved except for the bumpy low profiles, so me and the missus went for broke and bought a brand new 147 16v multi-jet last october, the power is incredible!!! but thats when it all started to go wrong,within 2 minutes of driving off the forecourt i heard what can only be discribed as a mild vibration in the engine bay, its a ;long story but 8 months later its still not sorted, anybody out there heard of this?

Last edited by chrisbey; 08-07-06 at 23:56.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

Member car:

33 156 164

Re: chris

Hiya Chris, sounds like you have an Alfa saga to tell with your new one ? The dealers can't sort it I take it ?
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 09-07-06 Thread Starter

Member car:

147 jtd m

Re: chris

thanks for replying rusty,im still getting used to using this website (up till 1 last night trying to work it out).the story goes that this mild vibration was a fault from new which was very evident on day 1 so good chance they knew it but kept quiet,anyway it went back the next week and did,nt come back for eight days. apparently is was a bad injector pump.everything was fine for 5 months then its back again,its in there now having new turbo,but i told them,if u can hear it at idle how the bloody hell can it be the turbo,by this time i,m getting a bit annoyed dont want to sell it cos i love it but whats gonna happen if the fault comes back out of warranty.i.m hoping someone else has heard of this noise so i could tell the EXPERTS!?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

Tags
chris

« Keys | 147 Cam Belt »