mgally - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 06-07-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

147 2000 Lusso

Not Happy mgally

Hi to all you happy and unhappy Alfa owners,i happen to be a unhappy owner at present,i need your help to put a smile back on my face!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

mikebrown

Re: mgally

welcome to AO dude..sorry to hear you are having problems...fire away with your queries

all the best...any pics

AO Silver Member

County: -

Ok, what's up m'duck?...
(Post Link) post #4 of 8 Old 06-07-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

147 2000 Lusso

Not Happy Re: mgally

This is a bit of a long complicated story,i will try my best to explain the situation.Recently bought a 147 2000 Lusso and decided to have her serviced,the service went fine (done by a local private garage).The garaged advised that with the milage at 60,000 i needed to get the cambelt changed, he unfortunately did not have the correct tools to change it for me and i would need to go to a main dealer.A few days later we took the car to the dealer and went shopping.When we returned we were told that when they put the car back together there was a knocking noise and they would need to keep it untill the next day to sort out the problem.We recieved a telephone call the next day informing us that the knocking noise was nothing to do with them and we required a new engine!!Being very ****ed off i asked "how come there was no noise before you got your hands on it",they said "because we had had an oil change a few days before during the service new oil is thinner than old oil, the old thicker oil would mask the noise".Apparently a previous owner has run the car low of oil causing the damage.I need you guys to tell me is this crap or are they being straight with me ?I have a very limited knowledge of mechanics.Could they have caused the damage changeing the cambelt?If so how do i prove it?I said it was a long story!!
AO Silver Member

County: -

Well mgally, I think you should have a word with your solicitor...The 'new oil is thinner' statement is false and would suggest a cover-up. Do you have a copy of their terms and conditions?...
AO Silver Member

Member car:

33 156 164

Hi, do you have a service history with the car, because this sounds like the excuse of the century.....
AO Member

Could you let us know the dealer name? I want to make sure I avoid it like the plague.
(Post Link) post #8 of 8 Old 07-07-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

147 2000 Lusso

Could a 147 being run low of oil cause this kind of problem?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

Tags
mgally

« Hi | Hi from newbie »