Hello - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 29-06-06 Thread Starter

Member car:

156 2.5 V6

Hello

Just inroducing myself and my 1998 156 2.5 with sportspack. We are both getting on, the car has done 112000 miles now, and I feel like I've been around the clock a few times.The most immeadiate thing the car needs is a new clutch (i'm hoping to make it to 120000 miles and combine it with replacing cam belts etc. in the hope of saving some money. Does anybody recomend somewhere to get the clutch done, I've been in touch with a few independant mechanics and they appear reclutant to take the job on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

mikebrown

Re: Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lacey
Just inroducing myself and my 1998 156 2.5 with sportspack. We are both getting on, the car has done 112000 miles now, and I feel like I've been around the clock a few times.The most immeadiate thing the car needs is a new clutch (i'm hoping to make it to 120000 miles and combine it with replacing cam belts etc. in the hope of saving some money. Does anybody recomend somewhere to get the clutch done, I've been in touch with a few independant mechanics and they appear reclutant to take the job on.
welcome to AO ray...when you say that you are hoping to make it to 120k, how long ago were the cambelt/tensioners changed ? if over 36k another 8k imho is a bit risky (Alfa say 72k although it is generally regarded by all to be done at 36k)...do not know what your location is with regard a local indie to change your clutch...although i have a lot of work carried out by

http://www.nationwideautocentres.co....s_clutches.asp

they always do a good job (well my local one does)...give em a try

all the best

AO Platinum Member

County: Durham

Member car:

Hello and welcome
AO Gold Member

Hi Ray and welcome to AO

As MikeB has suggested, it's safer to have the cam belt service done sooner rather than later.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself