Fast frank, the man, the myth....... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 21-06-06 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 96
County: North Lanarkshire

Member car:

GT Lusso 2.0 JTS

Boring Fast frank, the man, the myth.......

[B]Your Forum name
[Fast Frank]

[B]Real name
[Frank Duff]

[B]Age
[Younger than AO member Fraser!]

[B]Occupation
[Boring Office job ]

[B]Lives
[North Lanarkshire]

[B]Marital Status
[Oh yes]

[B]which cars do you drive and why?
[Alfa 156 2.0 JTS Veloce, Gabbiano Blue, Charcole Grey Leather, '04 plate]

[B]Are you a real passionate for Alfa Romeo?
[I am now]

[B]What or how started your passion for Alfa Romeo and…
….do you think it’s fundamental to own one to have the passion?
[I was introduced to Alfas by my brother Fraser, who's owned a 145. 166 and now a 156 2.4 JTD. He allowed me to have a wee drive of the 166 and 156, both of which I really liked but I thought they were out of my league. I carried on thinking that for a while then it occured to me that if I buy 2nd hand I might be able to afford one (Doh!) now that I have full NCB insurance. I did a lot of internet homework to find out what were the best deals and sought advice from the trusted AO members (including Fraser). So, I sold my rather tame but trusty Multipla (for the family) and bought my beloved 156 which, believe it or not, is as cheeper to insure (different insurer) and cost considerably less than my pre-reg Multipla .
I think you can have the passion for Alfa before you own one, I know I did and I think my nephew may be thinking the same thing after finding out that my 156 cost about as much as his girlfriend's Punto did new. ]

[B]Would you ever consider joining an Alfa Club or are you already a member of one?
[If there were benifits and the price was right, yes I would certainley consider joining an owners club. Although, I do find clubs can be quite eletist and cleekish, so I'd probably get to know a few members first.]

[B]What do you like most about Alfas?
[Beauty and performance . I think there are other cars on the market and in the same class that can perform as well as an Alfa, but they don't come close when it comes to looks]

[B]What do you like least about Alfas?
[The attitude of people who criticise but have no real experience of them . Befor my Alfa I was a great supporter of Fiat, I have owned a Mk1 Punto, 2 Bravas a Stilo JTD (which I loved) and latley the Multipla. In all my years of driving them I only ever replaced the clutch in the Punto and one of the Bravas didn't like going out in the rain . regardless of all the snipes and criticism of Fiat I can't say i had any issues to prove the critics right. I expect to fint the same with he Alfa ]

[B]What would be your dream cars?
[Mmm. That's quite hard. Up untill now it would be an Alfa. If we're talking pye-in-the-sky, probably an Aston DB6 (as long as it had the ejector seat and bullit proof screen )]

[B]What car would you least like to drive?[Ford, Vaxhall (or ir that Vaxhall, Ford?) ]

[B]For you, what’s the most popular thread on AO?
What would be your ideal drive in an Alfa (destination, passenger, driving music, etc)?
[Can't say I have a most popular on AO, I just wander round and comment when I've got something to say.
Ideal drive to me would probably bee in the far north of Scotland where the roads are beautiful and empty. Passenger? My wife, but I'd probably need to sedate her first. Music is a bit more difficult, it changes very much with my mood, the weather, my surroundings. Anything from Led Zepplin to the Arctic Monkeys, or Prince to KT Tunstil (and that's just the mainstream ones!!)]

[B]Any humorous Alfa or car-related stories you wish to share with us?
[Yip, I've got a friend who drives a 3 series BMW estate. That's pretty funny. ]

[B]What interests do you have outside of Alfas? [Photography, after a fashon. Reading and aircraft, particularly WWII inovative plains. I find it facinating that under pressure man went from the most rudementory aircraft to jet propulsion inside 5 years. I could go on about that for a while, so I'll stop now. ]

[B]Tell us something nobody knows about you. (E.g. special skill, ever been on TV, etc)
[I used to be a theatrical Stage Manager and have acted on stage in Glasgow famous 'Citizen's Theatre' in a play called 'The Devils of Louden' (I was ablout 9 or 10)]

[B]Do you have a party trick? If so what is it?
[Boringley, I'm not the world's greatest party amamal. Although I did let someone at a party cut my hair once. We were both very drunk and she used nail scisors ]

[B]What do you like most about the Alfaowner forum? Any favourite threads, episodes or people?
[What I like is the informality. You can ask just about any question and get an answer (although no-one's given me any suggestions on how to tighten up my wobbly sunshade yet ). I really like most of the people I've come across. the only comments I've read that I didn't really agree with was someone who thought that the 156 looked like a grampa car compared to a BMW 3 sereis, he's entitled to his opinion I suppose, but I do think he needs his eyes testing, or mental help . During my rather short, so far, membership I've really taken a liking to Roswell, Kurzon, Phil, Ian and Mr O of course. But to list everyone I like I'd need to go back through every thread I've read, or commented on. Ho, and I'd better mention one of my trusted mentors and the guy who got me in to Alfas and AO, Fraser. Without him...... Well, without him my parent's would probably have stopped sooner and I wouldn't exist! ]

[B]If you had £50,000 you had to spend in 72 hours, how would you choose to spend it?
[I'd probably start with a fully kited Brera, I think it's stunning and if I had any change left I'd buy some Lipposucktion and some new specs ( I wear Oakleys but don't tell anyone that I'm not so keen on them anymore, shhhh!]

----------------------

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

Thumbs Up Re: Fast frank, the man, the myth.......

good interview FF
(Post Link) post #3 of 6 Old 21-06-06 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 96
County: North Lanarkshire

Member car:

GT Lusso 2.0 JTS

Re: Fast frank, the man, the myth.......

Hey, I caught your comment about 156s and being over 40
But Iam , so I'll let you off
mikebrown

nice one

AO Silver Member

County: -

Member car:

156 GTA

Welcome to AO FF, nice Moniker.

Finally somebody else who likes the Multipla!

TB
AO Platinum Member

County: Durham

Member car:

nice interview Frank like

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

Tags
fast , frank , man , myth