just completed the "interview yourself", hope i'm posting it properly! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 12 Old 09-06-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Crazed just completed the "interview yourself", hope i'm posting it properly!

AO Member Interview – Let the secrets flow
Simply fill in your answers and follow the brief instructions at the bottom of this page.

Your Forum name
ZOOL - but i misspelled it, should be ZUUL, must fix it.

Real name
Patrick, have always been called Pat, which i prefer incidentally

59, going on 20 or 80, depending how i'm feeling!

Occupation
Retired, disability reasons.
my career was in sales and marketing mostly and i was "promoted" to transport and distribution manager by one company but hated it after a year and was lucky enough to be allowed back on the road. this explains why i never had alfas sooner, had company cars most of my working life.

Lives
Ireland, originally Dublin but moved to the midlands in 2000, new Millenium, new experiences etc.

Marital Status
married, 38 years. Had she murdered me that day she would only have done less than 9 years, poor soul.

which cars do you drive and why?
'96 146 1.6 boxer, where else can you get that music for so little money? 155 1.8 ts, love the style, also reminds me somewhat of a Lancia Prisma I owned, another joy to drive.

Are you a real passionate for Alfa Romeo?
yes, besotted

What or how started your passion for Alfa Romeo and…
….do you think it’s fundamental to own one to have the passion?

my first conscious memory of seeing cars racing, on Pathe news at the cinema, is of seeing two alfa racing cars going for it, and then, the badge! no other marque has a badge that comes even close to it, magical.

No, you don't have to own one, i didn't until very recently, but i've loved Alfas since childhood, and the first time i drove my 146 i knew i was at home.

Would you ever consider joining an Alfa Club or are you already a member of one?
not a member, and no, i doubt i would join one, for many reasons, but i respect those that do join clubs, to each their own.

What do you like most about Alfas?
Where to start? the badge alone can give me trouser pains!
Seriously, the distinctiveness, their relative rarity, and their pure Italianness, they are art in motion, or even standing still.

What do you like least about Alfas?
Nothing yet, but i do fear engine trouble, it appears to always be expensive, but i'll have to wait and see.

What would be your dream cars?
A pristine black 164 and the same in a 155, classics in my eyes.

What car would you least like to drive?
Any renault, i get motion sickness just looking at them, they roll about like boats, and opels, (vauxhalls), i get sick just thinking of them.

For you, what’s the most popular thread on AO?
i like all of them, i do like the picture section, or any threads with pictures.

What would be your ideal drive in an Alfa (destination, passenger, driving music, etc)?

Passenger, my wife, but if i'm to be honest, i would really prefr to be alone while driving around Tuscany in any boxer engined Alfa, what's better music than the boxer anyway? I hope the idea of being alone doesn't sound selfish because i'm anything but that.

Any humorous Alfa or car-related stories you wish to share with us?
For my sins, i once drove a ford zephyer, the long bonnet "square" look one? (i am so ashemed admitting that!) it broke down right in the very centre of the main street in dublin, literally, and i leaned in under the bonnet and the arse of my trousers just burst wide open. 'nuff said....

What interests do you have outside of Alfas?
Photography, but my hands are worsening and i don't do so much now, but my son just bought me a tripod, oddly i never had one, so i will see how we get on with that. hoping i can get used to it, miss the snapping, especially with digital cameras and photoshop, brill! i like reading and technology generally, and tv chnls like discovery and national geograpic etc. i also admit to being an Al Pacino fan, but most fav movie has to be LEON, can watch it anytime. the real love of my life right now are my two grandchildren, a boy and girl, 12 and two. my grandson and i are really very close, he is very protective of me and my little princess is just a hoot, a real imp! can't imagine life without them. thankfully, we all live within 5 minutes of each other, sons still at home, proof the irish mammy still rules!

Tell us something nobody knows about you. (E.g. special skill, ever been on TV, etc)
i write poetry, but never show any of it to anyone, and no, don't even ask, ok?

Do you have a party trick? If so what is it?
Oh yes, making a complete gob****e of myself, and i don't drink alcohol!!

What do you like most about the Alfaowner forum? Any favourite threads, episodes or people?
It's diversity, you can get deeply into the oily business or just have the craic, it's all good. i especially like the fact that even though it's well run, i never feel there are mods waiting to pounce on the slightest error, very relaxed. in fact, it truly is the nicest board i have joined or visited, honestly. not just saying that.

If you had £50,000 you had to spend in 72 hours, how would you choose to spend it?

would probably only take 2 hours, however, i would buy my wife, daughters and sons , and grandchildren some really nice gifts.
----------------------

Thanks for taking part, you may attach this to a new thread or simply copy and paste this interview directly into the forum when you have competed your answers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

mikebrown

Re: just completed the "interview yourself", hope i'm posting it properly!

very interesting interview zuul...you obviously have the bug..like the trouser story !!

all the best

AO Silver Member

Member car:

1973 Spider 2000

You might want to copy clip your answers and repost them in the Members' Spotlight section (i.e. the same section where the questions were originally posted). That way all the profiles are kept in one section and they don't get lost in the whole general AO mishmash. If you send a note to one of the moderators, they might even do it for you.
--Toronto
(Post Link) post #4 of 12 Old 09-06-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Help Re: just completed the "interview yourself", hope i'm posting it properly!

hi,

any of our "ninja" like mods able to help with placing this with the rest of the interviews?

i'm not that certain how, don't want to make a mess
wrinx

Done.....great interview, some lovely touches in there

wrinx

AO Silver Member

Hi Pat - great interview. Nice to see Alfa's being appreciated in Ireland. Most people down here (in Kerry) think I am mad to have so many.
AO Silver Member

County: -

Hi Pat..yes I also enjoyed reading your autointerview..Thanks
(Post Link) post #8 of 12 Old 10-06-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thumbs Up Re: just completed the "interview yourself", hope i'm posting it properly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaguy
Hi Pat - great interview. Nice to see Alfa's being appreciated in Ireland. Most people down here (in Kerry) think I am mad to have so many.
weeeeelllllll, maybe they have it right

kiddin, nice to meet you
Founder of AO

County: Essex

Member car:

Maserati GTS

Hey look: ZOOL is now ZUUL
AO Rosso Alfa Member

Member car:

156 2.0 JTS

Very nice read

Thanks for sharing
AO Gold Member

County: Hampshire

Nice to meet you, Pat
AO Silver Member

very nice to meet you pat, cracking interview

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

Tags
completed , hope , interview yourself , posting , properly

« Hello | obd/Airbag »