147 selespeed - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 04-06-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Well Happy 147 selespeed

Hi,just joined up after buying a 147 selespeed on a 52 plate..Loved the car from the minute i drove it..!! only thing i need to get fixed is the seat height adjuster,120quid from alfa for a new one.Is this a common fault??any cheap fixes?? Any other 147 gremlins i should watch out for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Member car:

155 1.8 16v 1997

Re: 147 selespeed

my wife has just bought one and I have to say I love it, takin a while to get used to the Selespeed, but god I love the sound when you downshift with it

the only annoying thing i could find was how quiet the indicator noise is - although maybe its just my hearing

it does seem to be a lot faster than I thought it would be - I cant believe the official 9.3 sec 0-60 official figure is right

ive driven a 106GTi a lot of times and theyre 7.4 seconds, and in no way does the Selespeed feel slower, quite the opposite in fact.

it didnt come with a Manual thou (well except for a generic one) so im not really sure what some of the stuff on the stalks mean, in particular the one beside the indicator stalk on the left , its got one arrow kinda pointing up and one down, and an on/off switch beside it...

il cuore sportivo

mikebrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonebanks41
Hi,just joined up after buying a 147 selespeed on a 52 plate..Loved the car from the minute i drove it..!! only thing i need to get fixed is the seat height adjuster,120quid from alfa for a new one.Is this a common fault??any cheap fixes?? Any other 147 gremlins i should watch out for?

welcome dude to AO....to find out more about the joys of driving a 147 i would suggest you have a look at the 147 forum..lots of info and help when needed.

all the best

(Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 05-06-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Well Happy Re: 147 selespeed

hi, the stalk you refer too is cruise control..on/off..of course and arrows to increse or decrease set speed..pushbutton on the end of the stalk is to resume cruise after you've disengaged it through braking..a green dial will appear in the ccentre cluster just below gear selected icon..hope this helps..well happy with my selespeed too,once you learn how to use it..
AO Member

Member car:

155 1.8 16v 1997

oh i c - thanks - Ill leave it set to 'off' i think

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

Tags
147 , selespeed

« New GT Owner | Hi »