Gt - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 27-05-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Vaud
Gt

Afternoon!

Having driven and enjoyed various Alfas including GTV V6, 73 Alfetta coupe, various 147s and a 1967 2000 Spider I'm considering popping my Alfa ownership cherry and getting a GT coupe as my daily driver.

I've driven the 2.0 petrol and 1.9 JDT diesel and bearing in mind my 100-mile daily commute to and from Brands Hatch each day the diesel seems to make the most sense, as well as being a great, torquey engine in itself.

I had initially been looking for second hand/demonstrator versions as I'd prefer not to spend more than 20k. However, I then saw Smart Alfa .co.uk and www.melburymotorcompany.com which both seem to offer good discounts on well-specced new examples (my essential spec is dark metallic, leather, BOSE and 17in alloys). It looks like these are both importers - I wondered whether anyone had any experience (good or bad) with dealing with them and whether the deals are as good as they seem. In particular, would there be any difficulties with main-dealer servicing and/or warranty repairs?

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Member car:

ALFA GT 1.9

Re: Gt

Hi,

I bought my GT from smartalfa last month. All in all I can't complain about the deal I got and the car is good...I haven't tried to take it to a main dealership yet though but I don't imagine any problems. The car is actually a parallel import so for resale purposes I don't think you have to declare it as an import (again not tested yet).

Some people on here seem to have had bad experiences with Smart Alfa so you might want to do a search on the forum first before making your mind up - I've no complaints though.
AO Silver Member

welcome to AO
AO Silver Member

County: -

Yes welcome....good choice of car especially for your commute...the AA have no reported mechanical failures with the GT..it really is that reliable.
(Post Link) post #5 of 6 Old 27-05-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Vaud

Cheers chaps. I'm thinking moon blue with red leather, 17 in dial alloys, BOSE and rear parking sensors. Any views?

BTW I've seen some of the other posts re Smart Alfa and whilst I may go to check them out I will be wary. Seems there are plenty of other brokers and reckon if I can get a few quotes I can use that as discount ammo with the local franchised dealer.

Can't wait. The missus says I have to save for the house move but I'm happy to live in the car.
AO Gold Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

6C 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordK
The missus says I have to save for the house move but I'm happy to live in the car.
That's the spirit.

Welcome btw

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

« zomarzi | gone mad »