60k service ... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 16-05-06 Thread Starter

60k service ...

Hi all,

The web page says I need to introduce myself, so here it goes:
my name is Fabricio and I have a 156 GTA (2002, Alfa red) since last January. I had a 146 Ti for 8 years (in Argentina) and I know the brand, so when I heard here in UK that Alfa's were "crap" I was surprised . Anyway, after checking most of the brands (it took me more than 4 months ) I decided to buy a 156 (original idea was a 2.5 V6, but when I took a test with the GTA... well, you know).

I was looking for information about Alfa services in UK and a friend told me about Alfaowner; it is amazing the amount of information you can find here!. What I was searching was a recommended place to perform a 60k service (I had many problems with official garages, that charges you a bunch of money and do nothing), and the nearest I found here was WAD in Wolverhampton (I live in Abingdon). Any other recommended place near here?.
Also, I read in some posts that, because it is a major service (cam belt was never changed), it is better to do another things like replacing water pump. What other thinks would be worth doing?

Thanks,
Fabricio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

wrinx

Re: 60k service ...

WAD have a good reputation despite overcharging me on some doors!

I would get the wtaer pump replaced as they have aplastic impellor which may cause problems in future...there is a metal version available.

But, to replace the water pump they'll have to remove the belts and so you're looking at replacing the tensioners as well....it'll get costly! But worth it

wrinx

(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 17-05-06 Thread Starter

Re: 60k service ...

Thanks for your advice wrinx !!!

Cheers,
Fabricio

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

Tags
60k , service