Good Morning. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 12-05-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Good Morning.

please excuse my use of all lowercase letters, this is due to a disability issue. if preferred, i can use all caps but that seems to upset many. let me know which?

hi,

i hsve just bought s one owner alfa romeo 146, 1996, 1.6 plain boxer with 68000, fsh, cam just done etc.

the car can easily be described as near pristine, i found only one minor scratch on front n/s door,either from another car door or opening against a wall.

i'm irish, living in the midlands, most of my life i lived in dublin but left in 2000 as it's over-full and unpleasant in our view.

i'm 59 and long retired from a spinal injury, i'm mobile but classed as disabled. some other health issues have begun to rear their head so i'm taking things even more easy.

my last car was a '95 c class merc, in showroom condition, i was the second owner, bought it in '97, fsh.
i was too ill to drive it for several weeks and the battery died, 2 cells went totally. got my son to charge the battery but like i said, it was dead.

i can't believe what he did next, but he didn't understand, so he went to a friend at a local garage and borrowed their heavy duty power pack. he stuck the powerpack onto the batter, a total no-no with the merc and he fried just about everything electronic!!

ecu was so bad it can't even be reconditioned but it's irrelevant, the cost to me to put it right was utterly uneconomical. fortunately, a local mechanic was looking out for a good 'un and heard what happened so he bought it from me for a fair price considering and he intends to get parts and make it a project. good luck to him!

since childhood i have adored alfa romeos, the only car i ever wanted when i "gre up". sadly, when i could afford one they were so bad i just would not do it.

but they have improved steadly, and so i decided i would get a "cheapie" and see how good or bad they are before making a decision to buy a 2004/5 or so.

i must say, i grin from ear to ear every time i turn the key and hear that lovely song, nrever could get tired of it. with a bit of luck it'll last me the two years until it's next nct, like your mot but much stricter, they fail you for a single side light bulb blown.

enough of me.

i have a question if someone can help.
i want to look for a set of alloys, and wondered if 14's or 15's are best? i wouldn't buy 16's, a bit hard to get good deals on tires here in that size, and frankly, i don't think 16's would be good value or look any better than 15's anyway.
comments on the wheels welcome. oh, i have considered a boot spoiler but the prices i have found turned me off the idea, unless anyone knows better?

cheers for now.

ZOOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Durham
Re: Good Morning.

Hi Zool. Welcome to Alfa ownership and to the AO forum.

I think eBay would be as good a place as any to find a set of alloys for your car. Or you could always try here
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Zool, welcome to AO!

Have a trawl through ebay to find some cheaper alloys

Here's two for starters.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Alfa-Romeo-146...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/alfa-romeo-145...QQcmdZViewItem
AO Platinum Member

County: Durham

Member car:

hello and welcome...

i dont know if anyone has mentioned it but you could try looking on ebay
AO Gold Member

County: -

Hi Zool - welcome to AO and Alfa ownership - I'm sure you'll agree it was worth the wait
AO Gold Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

6C 2500

Hello and welcome

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

Tags
good , morning