Hi all - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 10-04-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Ford Focus

Hi all

Hi all,

Just joined up as i'm considering the Brera as a possible next car, so looking to get the low down on the cars, dealers etc!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester
Garage
Re: Hi all

Hi Johnny and welcome.

The Brera looks a lovely piece of kit. Choose your dealer with care as they appear to be of, shall we say, "variable" quality.

I hope you get it, and if so, share your experience -including the purchasing experience- with the enthusiastic membership. You'll find we are all interested in how you get on.
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa GT 1.9 JTDm

Hi Johnny, I would love to know your opinions when you get it. I am considering it as a 'next step' but never tried one... looks fab though... which engine are you thinking of?
(Post Link) post #4 of 8 Old 11-04-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Ford Focus

Thanks for the welcome!

I'd love the V6 but out of my price range i think! So i'll be looking at the 2.2. Having seen the car i think it looks stunning, i just hope AR have sorted out their reliability. Also looking at the new TT, but i'm worried it'll be 'just another TT' whereas the Brera will remain less mainstream.

I'm planning on doing some test drives soon, so i'll post my thoughts!
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa GT 1.9 JTDm

imo Alfa has gone a long way with reliability. I had Alfas for the past few years and (maybe I am lucky?) I had very few and only minor problems. I think what has a lot to improve is the quality of post-sales service... Now I have the GT, which quality and build-wise is good. And the brera is built on a newer, better chassis and has quality interiors too (same as 159, which is getting v good press as well). The Audi... good engineering, no doubt, but so uncool! and so many around!
I think the 2.2 is a good engine. 185 bhp, 170 lb-ft and reviews claim it drives really well.

anything that moves using more than 4 legs, flies and is not a bird and/or is too small to be turned into a burger, should be vacuumed.

RIP: Alfa 145 1.6 Junior (Bella), Alfa 145 1.9 TD (Bianca), Alfa 145 1.9 TD (no name...), Alfa 147 1.6 (Camilla), Alfa 147 1.6 (no name...), Alfa 147 1.9 JTD (Contessa)
AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester
Garage

No TT I'm assuming you are neither female nor of the hairdressing persuasion. So uncool and such a bobbins drive (though traction is good in the wet).
(Post Link) post #7 of 8 Old 11-04-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Ford Focus

No not a hairdresser, nor of the female persuasion. Wouldn't look at the current TT, but the new one does look better, but i know that in 12 months time, they'll be everywhere. It's nice to be a little bit individual. With regards to dealers, i've been a member of an audi forum for a while now (http://www.audi-sport.net) (great forum) and it seems to me that audi dealers are as bad as any other, i think all dealerships can be pretty shocking regardless of make. The old man recently bought a Porsche and Exeter Porsche were absolutely appauling. So i don't think it matters what you're spending!
AO Platinum Member

County: Durham

Member car:

Hello and Welcome...like

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself