Another Alfa newbie ... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 06-03-06 Thread Starter

Another Alfa newbie ...

Hi guys,

I am David Peters,32yr old, from Belgium.

Hereīs my story. Judging from the car brand name popping up, you might think I start of wrongly, but please continue reading.

In his younger days, my dad used to drive an MGB. He was very fond of the car, but when he maried my mum, he had to let go of it. I was awaited and together with his mother in law, we didnīt fit in the back
So off went the car. Though, he kept pictures withing reach and started of with some nice stories about his trips when he was in the "mood".
Then, when I was 24 (that was ī99), my dad sadly past away. These things happen and I moved on. Then I realised, I wanted to continue the MG heritage, so I reckoned I needed/wanted an MGF. TBH, I also took a seat in an Alfa Spider, because I also liked the looks and the quality finish of this car. But nope, It needed to be an MGF. A choice completely emotionaly biased. The car has been thoroughly transformed and can be found here

Since then Iīd been working as an env. eng. in a environmental remediation/dredging company and had the priveledge to own an company car. So the F didnīt move an awful lot anymore, besides obligate meetings and summer trips to the UK, France and the like.

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to become a college teacher and took on a teaching job, starting as of 18th of April. So Iīll have to part from my company car and buy a private one. Emotionally things have calmed down and I still havenīt forgotten about the Alfa GTV/spiderīs beautiful "curvature" and all time classic look. So of I was, browsing the net for GTVīs in good shape. At BBC italian cars (tienen) I saw a dark grey (donīt know what the colourīs name is) ī99 V6 2.0L TB GTV. The car had been imported from Italy and has 40K mi. Red leather interior, 17" flawless rims. Having inspected the car, I found a subframe in very good condition (alli? so no rust), virtually no dents and a very exciting and performing engine.
Once I turned the keys, my wife saw I was in love,..., again. Afterwards she told me she knew from that moment that Iīd buy it, although I spent some time driving, judging, checking the engine, bearings, etc etc. So, two/three weeks from now, IMHO, Iīll have best of both worlds, two classics.

So I will be spending a lot of time on these boards. To see how I can keep my newly beloved into perfect shape.

Hope to getting to know all you soon,

Cheers,
David aka Jupilerman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

Re: Another Alfa newbie ...

welcome
AO Gold Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

6C 2500

Welcome to AO David.
AO Gold Member

Hi David & welcome to AO

I've owned a couple of MG's in the past. The first was a BRG Mk 2 MGA drop-head, the second was my wife's Yellow MGB GT. My fondest memories are of the "A", which was great to drive and handled well.... the "B" by comparison had more of an agricultural feel.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

Tags
alfa , newbie