I think it's time to introduce myself because I've been using this forum for a while already.
Back in February I had my first contact with an Alfa. Everybody was saying that once you drive it you will love it so I wanted to see that for myself
I then purcahsed a '99 Alfa 156 2.0TS at a very good price(I think)- only 450£. The car had then 58.000 miles but unfortunately no service history but I decided to take the chance and go for it.
Last week I MOT'ed the car. I had to change front top arms, front coils springs and droplinks. Only one spring was broken and one of the top arms was bad but I decided to change them in pairs because I now it's better this way. It created a hole in my pocket but this is it
Since I bought the car I was never sure if I will keep it or not, but now I decided that YES, I will keep it and try to make the best of it.
This is my plan:
1. TIMING BELT because I have no idea when it was changed IF it was changed. Although I don't the car would make it for 14 years with the same one, although the mileage is low. I am trying to figure out the cheapest way of doing it....
2. WHEELS! I am still debating if I should refurbish the actual ones or change them. Either way I am thinking if the car(red) would look better with white alloys or graphite.
3. BODYKIT! Not any kit but the GTA one..There is one for sale here on the forum but is too far and the seller will not ship
4. RESPRAY this is a big job money wise but if I will do it I will probably do it after the winter passes.
5. INTAKE & EXHAUST changing
and the list can go on but I consider this things the main ones.
Any tips&advice are more than welcome
Here are some pics with the car