Wisrute, an Alfista from Thailand - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 18 Old 22-09-05 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Kobenhavn

Member car:

156 GTA SW

Wisrute, an Alfista from Thailand

This time around, I've gotten Wisrute to fill in the questionaire. We have all gotten to know Wisrute for his very professional looking website (currently offline I think) and for his contributions in the tech lounge, I was a tad curious about who was hiding behind the screen name

Forum name

Wisrute B.

Real name

Wisrute Buddhari

Occupation

Employee of a beverage company, bottling and distributing a leading carbonated softdrinks in Thailand

Lives

Bangkok, Thailand

Marital Status

Married

What cars do you drive and why?

Alfa Romeo 156 – It’s fun to drive, do I need any other reasons?
Toyota Hilux Vigo pick-up – It’s a diesel, it’s reliable, and I need it for work.

Would you describe yourself as passionate about Alfa Romeo?

Yes, but I’m only at the beginning stage. I can see a few more Alfas to come, given the right timing and opportunities.

What or how started your passion for Alfa Romeo and…
… do you think it’s fundamental to own one to have the passion?

Several years ago, I was having a quick lunch at a street side noodle shop. I heard a very sweet mechanical engine note approaching. I turned around and saw a shiny dark grey 155 Twin Spark cruising past. I told myself that I had to have one of these some days. Around the same time, my old car (Volvo V70 T-5) was giving me a lot of trouble (yes, t-r-o-u-b-l-e), and opportunities came to replace it. Later in late 1999 after I’d placed an order for my 156, I was introduced to a few Alfistis in Thailand, and it all started from there.

How popular is Alfa Romeo in your neck of the woods?

Not very popular at all. It’s probably like the rest of the world. Alfa is a very niche brand. In Thailand, Alfa Romeo’s faith is in the hands of the third distributorship, having had two unsuccessful attempts in past few decades.
What do you like best about Alfas?

Design, dynamics, and the engines.

What do you like least about Alfas?

Rattles, and after-sales service

What would be your dream cars?

Modern car: The 8C Spider
Classic car: 1973 Porsche Carrera RS 2.7

What would be your ideal drive in an Alfa (destination, passenger, driving music, etc)? Ideally, I’d love to visit Tuscany, or Napa Valley, California will do. I’ll take any Alfa Romeo Spider (old or new), and spend several days wine-tasting and just enjoy the experience. Music-wise, anything in my iPod will do nicely! Passenger? See marital status.

Any humorous Alfa or car-related stories you wish to share with us?

During my wilder days back in California after receiving two speeding tickets, I was minding my own business, driving down San Francisco streets in my Acura (Honda) Integra. At a traffic light I noticed a police car pulled up on my right hand, and a moment later one of the two officers signaled me to lower my window. The first thing that came to my mind was, ‘what now? Are you going to find faults with my car and give me another ticket?’

Then the officer said, ‘Hey buddy, that’s a very nice car you got there. Is it a VTEC?’ I thought to myself, “Duh!” but quickly replied, ‘Thanks. It’s a VTEC.’ Just as I was expecting the next words to be about my car not having a front license plate or being too low, the officer said, ‘Just be careful and drive safe.’

I immediately said okay, waved goodbye and rolled up my window. My roommate who was riding along looked at me and said, ‘what the f$&#!?’

What interests do you have outside of Alfas?

1) Photography, I studied B&W film photography for several years, but never pursued it professionally. I almost had a darkroom built at home, but figured that I probably wouldn’t have enough time for it, not yet anyway. I’d really like to take a break from work, travel, and take pictures for a month or so.

2) Watches, I see them as jewelry for men. I’ve always been fascinated by watches since I first saw early Swatch models in the 80’s. Obviously I didn’t know better, and lost my first Swatch ages ago. I’m leaning towards sport watches, but also like some dress watches.

Tell us something nobody knows about you. (e.g. special skill, ever been on TV, etc)

In my 3rd year in university, I spent approximately $400-500 in total, playing the Daytona USA arcade game (50cents / game, I think). And I should have competed in the tournament because my lap times were right up there with the winners. Oh well.

What do you like most about the Alfaowner forum? Any favourite threads, episodes or posts you wish to share?

I like AO for diversity of its member. There’s usually a good mix of perspectives and viewpoints on just about every forum. The technical help and problem-solving posts are usually very helpful even if sometimes go off-topic very quickly.

Thank you Wisrute
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

Member car:

1973 Spider 2000

Re: Wisrute, an Alfista from Thailand

Nice interview Wisrute. If you've lived in California, I don't need to tell you that a drive in Napa or Sonoma can be just lovely -- if you can avoid the tour buses.
AO Platinum Member

County: South Lanarkshire

Enjoyable interview Wisrute. I'm intrigued by your interest in photography but, and feel free to have a go if I'm wrong here, you don't post many images on the forum. B&W is a fantastic medium, which I don't have the skills for, and I'd love to see some of your stuff.
(Post Link) post #4 of 18 Old 22-09-05 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 GTA SW

It's areal shame that Wisrute's webpage is down, there used to be loads of nice photographs in there. Oddly, the ones I remember were all colour pictures
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1561
County: -

Member car:

busso powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoygaard
It's areal shame that Wisrute's webpage is down, there used to be loads of nice photographs in there. Oddly, the ones I remember were all colour pictures
Indeed a real shame. The B&W pics were mostly added at the end of myalfa156.com as we know it (until now)

Thanks for the interview btw.
AO Silver Member

nice interview wisrute, would love to see some nice black and white alfa piccies
AO Platinum Member

County: Durham

Member car:

nice interview wisrute
Ant
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 92

Member car:

2014 Honda CR-V

Nice knowing you better!
AO Silver Member

Nice interview Wisrute. would love to see some of your B&W images.
AO Platinum Member

County: Durham

Nice interview Wistrute. Your 156 is one of the best I've ever seen. More piccies please.
(Post Link) post #11 of 18 Old 23-09-05 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 GTA SW

I second that. Allthough very similar to my car, I like Wisrutes alloys over mine. I wish they were available when I went alloy shopping

Get that website back online Wisrute
AO Silver Member

wisrute your alfa must of been the one i saw after spending a month in thailand because i only saw the one in bkk oh and the oldish nissan pickups the thai people drive that have been done up ? love em!

and also cant wait to get back to bangkok to beat our record of wheeling a tuk tuk about 30 meters down sukhumvit road
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 & WRX PPP

Cheers, guys. I didn't realize the interview has been posted! I spent the past few days upcountry, working.

As for photography, B&W takes way too much time (which I do not have at the moment), and I don't have access to a dark room, nor good paper supplies like when I was in the U.S. Plus, everything is so much faster now with digital and photoshop.

Anyway, will be back for more replies in a few hours.
AO Platinum Member

County: Porto

Member car:

Alfa 159 QV

Superb reading, Wis. Specially not for the funny episode with the cops and your interested in photography.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 & WRX PPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil155
wisrute your alfa must of been the one i saw after spending a month in thailand because i only saw the one in bkk oh and the oldish nissan pickups the thai people drive that have been done up ? love em!

and also cant wait to get back to bangkok to beat our record of wheeling a tuk tuk about 30 meters down sukhumvit road
Phil, I see a few 156 in Bangkok everyday! Where have you been?!?
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 & WRX PPP

Well, I wanted to comment more on B&W photography. To me, B&W photos have to be fully appreciated in prints, not on screen. There's something about those georgeous (and expensive) graded papers that you won't find in other medium. When printed and developed properly, they have certain luminosity to them that adds to the photographs.

Plus, B&W allows photographers so much control and flexibility from exposure (in camera), negative development (with various solutions, mixture, timing), down to printing with different types and quality of papers. That's probably why I never wanted to move onto colors. And I certainly would like to persue it when the time is right.

--
//2000 156 2.0TS / AD Remap / Supersprint Exhaust / K&N Filter Kit / Rhoddy Harvey-Bailey Suspension / AR Strut bar /16" Telephone dials + Yokohama V550 / Tar-Ox discs + SS lines + MQ pads //

//2005 Subaru Impreza WRX PPP / K&N Short Ram-air Intake / Brembo 4-pot Brake Kits / Prodrive GC-010 British Black 18x7.5 Forged Alloys / Michelin Pilot Sport Cup / Prodrive Spring Kit / STi Aero kit //
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 & WRX PPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoygaard
Well, my site is still not up yet. But here are a few old photos (wallpapers for those with 1280x1024 resolution) I'd posted here earlier.

ACT Group Picture

GTV#1

GTV#2

A 3-car shot 164-156-156
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisrute B.
Phil, I see a few 156 in Bangkok everyday! Where have you been?!?

back in sunny england

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

Tags
alfista , thailand , wisrute