Spider 2.0 TS from Istanbul - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 19-06-13 Thread Starter
County: Istanbul
Spider 2.0 TS from Istanbul

Forum name: Tuncay Nergis

Occupation: Masters student (@ department of Science and Technology Strategies - kind of Management Strategies), phd candidate. I write news at our alfisti fan site alfaturk.com. I am also refree at Turkish Motorcycle Federation.

Lives: in Istanbul, Turkey (I love this city)

What car(s) do you drive?
Alfa Romeo Spider (1996 ph1) 2.0 TS

I really love this babe. I can't think what to drive if I sell her. I tried 3 times to sell for only one Spider 3.0 V6 in Turkey, but couldn't able to dare leaving her. Because it has lots of good modifications I love and I can't do them in another car with low costs and they would take lots of time and effort. In the other hand, this one is low milage for Istanbul conditions (only 93.000km atm). Most of car owners making at least 10.000km's at a year in Istanbul, most diesel users making it about 40.000km's! Lot's of them using alfa's by LPG kits that I don't like at all.. There are a few GTV's and Spiders using LPG kits here. And it is really hard to find a good Alfa, especcially if it is a Spider or GTV. There are 54 GTVs and 34 Spiders sold in Turkey from 1996 to 2002. I really love my Spider because it is in good condition comparing to others'.

What was your first Alfa?
Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 TS (2000)
I choose it because of high petrol prices at Turkey (highest in the Europe and one of the highest in the World) and high taxes. We pay taxes annual by engine displacement and model year. So I chose smaller engine. But I thought 2.0 and 1.6 has similiar mpg, then I encouraged to select larger Twinnie. I loved my 156. Sometimes I miss her, she was extremely clean and at low mileage (only 56.000km - about 30.000 miles).

What you think about alfa?

I can't tell it by words. I'm in love with almost all models of alfa on the road and past models. Everytime I saw an alfa on the road, I just stare her with love. Love the steering feel, love all the engine sounds of them, love the handling, braking, shifting, doing everything with them. I can live in an alfa for decades . One of the biggest problem here, almost none of us doesn't have a personal garage. So I can't do repairing (or pretending like repairing her, but actually fondling her ) whenever I want.

When you decided to own an alfa?

Actually, I think you can't own an alfa, alfa owns you. One of them owned me at 1997. In a cold winter day, I saw a gray 156 parked at a pier in the rain. I still remember that moment. I was in love at first sight. I just stared her for minutes. Then I said, "I have to have one.. I have to have one.." You must remember that sentence from somewhere Then when I have one, I thought "I have to have a red Spider too!" Then I have her too. Now I target for a dark red 4C. I hope that dream come true too.

What are your favourite alfas?

Absolutely 4C! I'm a huge fan of 4C. I follow all the news about her. I have to have one of them too. I hope God shows me that day with a mental health I love most of the alfa models, but I would love to have a classic Spider (especially Duetto Junior), Giulia TZ2, Tipo 33 Stradale, 75, all of the 156's, especially 156 GTA (I never saw one, there's only 2 in Turkey), 8C (we have only 2 8C's here in Izmir).

What Turkish people think about Alfa?
Sadly, most of people doesn't know alfa well in Turkey. Most have prejudices about it. They think it's a bad copy of Fiat, they doesn't know about it's quality, sportiness, soul, character and history. Even most alfa users doesn't know anything about that. Only a small group of people addicted to it. I can't call them as alfisti, they don't know the history alfa have. General character of Turkish drivers is like "I must have small engine with low mpg and a big boot" but they don't like SW's, they are buying almost only sedan models. When I say I have 2 seats with a very small boot, they like "omg you must lose your mind?!". But I think THEY ARE! I think I have a taste.. In the other hand, they don't have automobile culture. They are giving tons of money to new cars just for "prestige"?! With a Jetta? I'm just laughing them.

What modifications have you made to your car?

1. Real carbonfibre trims (Centre console, pessenger airbag cap)

2. Momo gear shift knob, momo hand brake handle

3. Momo floormats (They ruined, I will buy new ones)

4. Brand new covered red stiched black leather seats (ph3 style)

5. Phase 3 style door cards

6. Alcantara armrests ar doors, alcantara indicator panel cap

7. Momo footrest

8. Sony stereo, some amplificator, subwofer etc..

1. Phase 3 style 5 armed 17" alloy wheels (Pirelli P Zero Rosso tyres)

2. Lightly mirrored window tints (it's hot here )

3. Windshield and mirror caps are covered by imitation carbon fibre vinyls.

4. Bigger muffler tip (not huge one)

Motor, Chassis, Electronics, etc.:

1. K&N open air filter

2. I bought a performance ECU Chip but not delivered yet.

3. Final exhaust silencer is removed.

I'm adding some pictures (some pictures are old) and a sound video (with old rear silencer, now there's no silencer at the back).

Alfa Romeo Spider 2.0 TS K&N + custom exhaust sound (roof down) - YouTube

Spider 2.0 TS
Sponsored Links
Hi Tuncay,
Welcome to you. Great city Istanbul. stayed there a few times and always somewhere different to see in the city.
I have driven through the city also. Love it!
Club Member
Membro Premio
County: West Dunbartonshire
Welcome‵⁀) ✫ ✫ ✫.
☻/ღ˚ •。* ♥♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛ 。* ♥ ˚ • ★
/▌*˛˚ ░A░L░F░A░ - ░R░O░M░E░O░ ˚ ✰* ★
/ \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★
AO Rosso Alfa Member
County: Larnaca
Hello and welcome to AO

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

istanbul , spider