Hi from a happy waver! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 12-04-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Berkshire

Member car:

147 1.6 TS Lusso

Wave Hi from a happy waver!

Hi everyone!

I've been following this forum for more than a year now, and since I've had a passion for Alfas for quite a while I think it's about time I joined and introduced myself.

My understanding and knowledge of engines is next to nothing (although I'm trying to make up for that by reading some of the technical threads by you expert people every time a new warning light comes up on the dashboard, so thanks!) but like so many of you I simply love the look of these cars, and their sound, and the feeling you get from driving them or even just looking at them.

I've now been the very proud owner of a black 147 for a year and a half, I just love her.. She's not perfect, she has a few minor scratches, rattles and squeaks now and then (I have a feeling her previous owners didn't care much ) but I'm just loving every minute when I drive her. The problem is, I've got to the point where I sometimes make up excuses for choosing the longer way home, or I can't stop looking back after I've parked.. And I simply get really excited when I see another Alfa, I feel a bit silly but can't help it.. All the common symptoms right?

Oh and yes... I do wave!! And when I get a wave back (not that often..) it really makes my day!

Now my husband is getting a bit worried I think, I can see it in his eyes every time I tell him how I 'had to' park near that beautiful Brera or GT or how exciting it was to get a wave back, but the good news is he's just had to replace his loyal but old Golf and so last week he bought an Alfa too (no pressure from me of course...), a gorgeous 147 in metallic red, so I guess my job is done and he's now getting the bug too!

So that's it from me for now and thanks for a great forum.
Happy driving and waving to everyone!
Sponsored Links
Welcome to AO Have a good read through the tec lounges and say hello in your regional lounge!!
AO Silver Member
County: North Yorkshire
Hi and welcome from me Totally understand what you are saying - I find excuses to go the long way round, or even drive at all. I even find myself just looking out the window at the car too. Always park near an Alfa if I can and I'm constantly alfa-spotting, even just when I'm walking into town. I nearly always wave or flash, but haven't had a response yet. Had to stop myself from waving at a 156 the other day when I remembered I was in a hire car from work - would really have freaked out the driver being waved at by an idiot in an audi!

159 2.4 Lusso Qtronic (Sold)/916 Spider P1 TS (Sold)/Giulietta 1.4 TB MA 170 TCT

County: Cork
Welcome to AO & congrats on becoming a two Alfa family
Club Member
Membro Premio
County: West Dunbartonshire
Welcome‵⁀) ✫ ✫ ✫.
☻/ღ˚ •。* ♥♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛ 。* ♥ ˚ • ★
/▌*˛˚ ░A░L░F░A░ - ░R░O░M░E░O░ ˚ ✰* ★
/ \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★
(Post Link) post #6 of 9 Old 13-04-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Berkshire

Member car:

147 1.6 TS Lusso

Thank you guys for your welcome messages (aww the GT... )!

So MarkiT, the same signs of the same Alfa syndrome then Don't give up and keep waving (yes maybe not in the hire car haha), I did for about six months before getting a wave back!

Bye bye for now.
AO Silver Member
County: New South Wales
Welcome to AO

Saluti, Giordano.
AO Member
County: North Yorkshire
Welcome to AO.....
AO Rosso Alfa Member
County: Larnaca
Hello and welcome to AO

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

happy , waver