My Mito QV - First Thoughts... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 05-04-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Biancospino QV

Thumbs Up My Mito QV - First Thoughts...

Picked up my QV from Benfield Newcastle last week, in Biancospino. Delighted to finally get my hands on it. The dealer was something of a mixed bag. The salesman I dealt with was a nice enough guy, but his boss, the Sales Manager was a complete helmet. Agressive, abrasive, suspicious grey stubble/dark hair combo....

I was less than amused that it was snowing, meaning my shiny new(ish) car was only shiny for approximately 1/2 a mile, but it was good to actually get it on the road without a waffling sales monkey telling me how to use the wipers and adjust the seat. Drive home was a bit of a motorway slog so I had time to get a feel for the various controls, gadgets etc. Quite like the bluetooth and media player stuff, although the menus arent particularly well thought out. I wouldnt normally class changing artist on my ipod as an 'advanced USB option'. I would also have preferred the voice woman to have a nice Italian accent, but hey, you cant have everything...

Interior is a lovely place to be. Love the little details like the green stitching and the dark headlining. I also like the way that the needles glow red even with the lights off. Details, details, its all about the details... It even seems well built. Well, coming from a Renaultsport background, anything would seem well built, but the lack of squeaks and rattles is impressive.

Its also a great drive. Since picking it up, Ive done a few motorway slogs and some thrashes over the Yorkshire dales. First the fun stuff... It probably doesnt handle quite as neutrally as the renaultsports and its a little more remote. However, its also an absolute blast. The engine is a peach, the gearbox is brilliant, the brakes are OK (not as sharp as Id like, but its there if you need it). It really does want to be thrashed everywhere. I like that in a car. It feels eager and playful and the harder you push it, the better it gets. managed to activate the '***** we're crashing' hazard light thing a few times, which I will now be treating as the mark of a good drive.

Then the dull stuff... During the winter months it will be used for my 50 mile each way commute. I use a bike from April to November and a car durign the winter. And for this, its been surprisingly good. Ive actually learnt to drive it in N, kick back and get decent MPG. So far this week, Im averaging 43mpg, which should give me a 400 mile tank range, so not as bad as I was led to believe...

It has some weird stuff too. For example, Ive noticed that the fuel range isnt based on the average over the distance since you last re-set the trip. Its based on what you've been averaging for the last x number of miles. Thats a bit odd. Also, why is the rev limiter set below the red line in first and second gears? Thats just weird. And finally, it would be nice if it could be left in D mode without re-setting everytime I start the car.

And finally, I like the fact that Im not driving a 2.0 diesel BMW/Audi in silver/black with an Msport/S-line pack. I can actually find my car in a car park..

So, overall Im really pleased with it.
Sponsored Links
County: Cork
Welcome to AO & congrats on your Mito

If you haven't already, check out the Tech Lounge Alfa MiTo - Alfa Romeo Forum
AO Silver Member
County: Armagh

Member car:

Giulietta QV

Hello! Enjoy your new car. You chose well.
AO Rosso Alfa Member
County: Larnaca
Hello and welcome to AO
Club Member
Membro Premio
County: West Dunbartonshire
Welcome‵⁀) ✫ ✫ ✫.
☻/ღ˚ •。* ♥♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛ 。* ♥ ˚ • ★
/▌*˛˚ ░A░L░F░A░ - ░R░O░M░E░O░ ˚ ✰* ★
/ \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

mito , thoughts