Hi, Im the newest Alfa 147 jtd lusso owner to say hey
I came across this site, pretty good site actually because my alfa has a long list of faults,I paid £1500 for it maybe too much but ahh well, I liked the spec and Im a qualified mechanic.
I don't believe in spending fortunes to keep a car running just the bare minimum.
1) engine running like a bag of nails so far found the timing belt tensioner to be absolutly knackered, collecting a cam belt kit for it tomorrow for £92. very harsh I think euro car part asked for £154 inc vat thou.
2) few leaks minor oil leaks hear and there worst being from the oil filter, and running down to the oil cooler.
3) stiff gear change, I,ve seen the how to on this site will be doing that tomorrow.
3) passenger door handle broken, need to strip the door down and have a look may do thatfriday if i don't tomorrow.
4) passenger air bag cover requires 1 clip.
5) passenger side A post is damaged, apperntly when they fitted a handsfree kit.
6) front suspension is noisey. Will need a ramp to find out why, as my xheck by jacking the car up found nothing wrong.
7) feels like thereis a worn engine mount maybe the rear mount that hold the gearbox inplace, can feel some play when suddenly off the throttle and switching the car off.
8) does not hav a 3.5 mm jack to play music from my iphone.
now some of you may the car should be scrapped maybe but I say its a little bonding time for me and the alfa.
I like my 17 inch wheels, tan leather interior, and just the way the door shuts, many more things also espically how big it feels on the inside.
Any help by posting how to guides would be appreciated, as when I do the job I could addmore detail for anyone needing help.