Things to check for Newbies buying a Alfa. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 20-01-13 Thread Starter
County: Surrey

Member car:

156 Veloce JTS

Things to check for Newbies buying a Alfa.

Well your thinking of buying a Italian marque. Congratulations! After a years ownership of a genuine 35,000 mile Alfa 156 this is what I would check before parting with your dosh.

Look at the bonnet & boot. Take a close look at the badge. If it doesn't say Toyota, Honda or any other Jap name just walk on by until you find some thing else because these Alfa's suck monkey balls!

Since taking ownership of probably one of the cleanest & low mileage 156's in the country I have spent over 1000 on new a new cat, radiator, thermostat and various other bits and bobs. In cold weather the ABS sensors freeze to the point of causing a VDC error which arms the immobilizer. So if you want to drive a car during cold weather BUY JAP! It's a crying shame as it's a lovely car to look at and be inside IF ONLY IT WAS RELIABLE! Now I have to wait for the warmer weather so I can sell my car without it giving loads of incorrect error codes.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

alfa , buying , check , newbies , things