Hello from sunny (haha) Scotland - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 20-01-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Renfrewshire
Hello from sunny (haha) Scotland

Hi Everybody

Well I'm new to the AO forum so I'm following the code and just introducing myself. As you'll see the user name is Jengasan....don't ask, but I have this on a couple of other forums that I'm on so it saves me getting confused in my advancing years I also answer to Al...which is the name my mummy gave me all those centuries ago.

As you'll see I've acquired a 2003 Alfa 147 2.0 TS Selespeed and, it being an Alfa, I thought it was a pretty good idea to join the forum here. I've got a couple of other petrol powered gadgets and am on forums pertaining to them which have proved to be really helpful, a laugh and a way to 'pass it forward' so to speak....as you get to know a few tricks when you've been getting oily as long as I have.

Basically my Alfa was destined for the great race track in the sky due to several factors including a really ropey gearbox. It belonged to a mate and I had worked on it a few times for him and, well, I just couldn't live with myself it it had been cut up. It very much fell in to the 'not financially viable to repair' category. So we did a deal....I sold my range rover (didn't need it anymore) and picked up the Alfa....well, It's a bit of a laugh isn't it said I

To be honest, I just wanted a temporary smallish runabout .....then I drove it...I mean really drove it....oh dear. Think roller skate with a big engine....I got kinda hooked

So here I am, I'm calling it project ebay for now as I promised myself I wouldn't do anything daft with money and am collecting all the wee bits I need to bring the car back up to scratch from said tinternet source. I'm getting there on the 'aesthetic' bits and I suppose I'd now better get my behooky in gear and get some spannering done...especially on that gear box. No biggy for those interested by the way....knackered synchro rings on 2-3-4.

Anyway....I sense I'm rambling...which I'm prone to do so beware so I'll leave it at....glad to be here, Alfa's are a hoot and I hope I can be of help, eventually, as well as getting some from you guys (having read through quite a few posts already....I suspect I will be needing quite a bit and learning loads).

Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
County: West Dunbartonshire
Welcome‵⁀) ✫ ✫ ✫.
☻/ღ˚ •。* ♥♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★
/▌*˛˚ ░A░L░F░A░ - ░R░O░M░E░O░ ˚ ✰* ★
/ \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★
AO Rosso Alfa Member
County: Larnaca
Hello and welcome to AO
AO Member
County: Highlands

Member car:

2.2 Brera

Fellow Scot, few mile North from you though
County: Cork
Welcome to AO Al

Good luck with the project & if you need any info or advice make sure you check out the Tech Lounge Alfa 147, 156 & GT - Alfa Romeo Forum
(Post Link) post #6 of 8 Old 21-01-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

I'm up there all the time....my mate lives near Bonar, we shall see when the Alfa is up to the twists of the A82 route to the sneckie

Global Mod Team
County: Milano
Welcome onboard
(Post Link) post #8 of 8 Old 23-01-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
Thumbs Up Thanks for all the welcomes guys

forum is great so far...I've probably fixed 3 issues just by reading rather than posting so far....

cheers everybody

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

haha , scotland , sunny