In the end there was no choice :-)
I had to get an Alfa in the end, after owning a boring 1.3 CDTI Combo as daily driver for a few years I decided to get a weekend toy. As its just a toy mpg was no issue. I test drove 3 cars a Lexus IS300, a BMW 330ci and finally a 2003 2.5 V6 Lusso Sportwagen on 85k.
Lexus - boring, full service history nothing had ever gone wrong with it, lack luster interior.
BMW - Fast, nice to drive but very clinical and on a test drive no one would let me out of side roads!!
then the Alfa...
I turned up at the chaps house, he sat me down and walked me through a full specialist service history and 9k's worth of invoices. In the last 12 months a £900 clutch change, 4 Pirelli Nero tyres, alloy refurb, every suspension component on the entire car and a £500 cambelt change at a specialist in Luton.
The passion the chap has was immense, he was only selling as he had finally sourced a GTA. We took a test drive and I was hooked, the Momo seats and Bose sound system were enough I love just sitting in it! But when you hear the noise of the V6... even now the noise makes me grin :-)
So I ended up parting with nearly 2k... as I drove off he was genuinely upset.
As i'm VERY picky there are some things I need to fix/work out:
- Climate Control dial on driver side doesn't work.
- Crack in the front bumper
- Scratches and chips here and there and some rust on the roof edge (going into bodyshop next week £400) think at some stage the bonnet catch has gone
- No ash tray or cig lighter... must have been removed or broke off...
- Steering wheel needs taking off and moving a few splines (he had a different wheel on it ad garage didn't get it back on straight)
- Upper timing belt cover has a bit missing at the back
But all of this is do-able, i'm a tech by trade so no labour costs :-)
Look forward to using the site, hi everyone!