Hello new member! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

Mikelowry

Hello new member!

Hi all! Im Mike, from Grimsby, I drive an Alfa 156 2.0 Lusso, totally standard apart from clear repeaters!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

145qv

Re: Hello new member!

Welcome to AO Mike.

AO Gold Member

County: Hampshire

Welcome to AO, Mike

Totally standard with clear repeaters is the way to go!

Do you have any pics of your car to share with us......?
Mikelowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Cloverleaf
Welcome to AO, Mike

Totally standard with clear repeaters is the way to go!

Do you have any pics of your car to share with us......?
Dont think I have actually, will get some up 2moro maybe, ive got a few questions to ask first though.
The air con doesnt work at all, so I need to get that checked, but are there any common faults I should no about with the air con? Also the fan thing sometimes wont blow out of the face vents? The passenger side front electric window goes down with 1 touch but I have to keep my finger on it to come back up?
Ive recently bought a leather steering wheel to replace the horrble wallnut dash wheel, but where can I get a replacment for the centre console and gear knob?
and I think the boot looks really odd without a rear spoiler, where can I get a new supra style from, Ive seen a couple on ebay last week but I forgot about the end of auction and missed it.
Oh and ive heard the 2.0 ts can be remapped? Is this true, what gains can be expected? Ive noticed 5th gear is a bit gutless, and it tops out at just over 130 which Im a little dissappointed with, would a remap improve that?

AO Member

Welcome Mike
Don't fit the high spoiler on a Lusso!! Looks cak (in my opinion) even on a Veloce with skirts and teledials. Get yourself a set of selespeed rims, much nicer.
Remapping will smooth out flat spots and improve torque and bhp, but not by huge amounts, 8-15% i think.
My air con is pretty useless in temps over 25c.
Non wood consoles do come up on ebay occassionally, just got to keep checking.
AO Member

Hello - I second on the whale tail spoiler, i think the one like mine is a bit more subtle (but then i would say that ) Do a search for the re-map question, the gains are quite good (i.e if i remapped my 1.8 it would increase rev range and bring HP in line with a 2ltr) No idead on the AC question as i picked up one without - oh how i swaeted at the weekend!
AO Platinum Member

County: Porto

Member car:

Alfa 159 QV

Welcome on board, Mike.
AO Gold Member

County: Hampshire

A third on the tail spoiler - the only chance it would have of looking good is if you had the side skirts, 18" rims and lowered suspension (and even then it would be debatable).

Your electric front passenger window is working correctly, btw.
NJH

Welcome Mike,

After three weeks driving a 1.8TS Veloce I can concur that a/c is not Alfa's strongest point although it just about kept the car habitable last weekend when it was baking. I'm afraid I agree with another correspondent that the spoiler is a bit naff - Spoils the lines of the world's best looking car!

Regards,

NJH

Mikelowry

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, My previous car was a Fiat punto 1.9 JTD, and im a member of puntomk2.co.uk, so im not new to how these sort of forums work, I did really want a 2.4 jtd sportwagon but couldnt afford 1 so I settled for the 2.0 TS, I wanted a 2.0 over the 1.8 as I wanted rear electric windows, the sporty zorst and the air con, which isnt just not working very well, it just isnt working at all, absolutely no cold air what so ever comes from it, I will ring someone out of the yellow pages to have a look at it, but the last car I had that had air con needed a new compressor which was nearly 500 alone, I didnt get it in the end just sold the car instead. I have the Teledial alloys but the whale tale spoiler is the only 1 ive seen that I like, and in my opinion it really suits the lines of the car, I honestly think it looks odd without it!

AO Gold Member

County: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelowry
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, My previous car was a Fiat punto 1.9 JTD, and im a member of puntomk2.co.uk, so im not new to how these sort of forums work, I did really want a 2.4 jtd sportwagon but couldnt afford 1 so I settled for the 2.0 TS, I wanted a 2.0 over the 1.8 as I wanted rear electric windows, the sporty zorst and the air con, which isnt just not working very well, it just isnt working at all, absolutely no cold air what so ever comes from it, I will ring someone out of the yellow pages to have a look at it, but the last car I had that had air con needed a new compressor which was nearly 500 alone, I didnt get it in the end just sold the car instead. I have the Teledial alloys but the whale tale spoiler is the only 1 ive seen that I like, and in my opinion it really suits the lines of the car, I honestly think it looks odd without it!
Well if you like the spoiler then get it as it is what looks good to you that's important

However , if you ask what it looks like , then you will get a truthful opinion on this site
Bye-the-way welcome aboard AO

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

Tags