Newbie Alfa 156 owner - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 17-11-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Berkshire
Newbie Alfa 156 owner

Hi All,

Thought I'd say hello as after many years of wanting an Alfa and always dodging the decision I've finally taken ownership of a 53 plate facelift 156 saloon.

Not perfect by any means, but I intend to spend a little cash to sort out the minor issues.

So far I've found out the CD doesn't function and a broken air vent in the rear compartment. I've sourced a new air vent from a well known auction website and I intend to fit my own stereo this week anyway so I'm not too fussed. I have to confess I didn't discover these things when I viewed the car, but I guess it could have been a lot worse.

Things I knew about are a couple of kerbed alloys on the front and areas on the paint work where the clear coat varnish has lifted.

Otherwise the car is lovely I'm enjoying driving it around. One complaint I have that may be nothing is the clutch. It seems quite heavy and as there's a lot of travel on the clutch it is a pain in slow moving traffic moving in and out of 1st all the time. Other gears are less affected as I don't generally depress the clutch as far for 2-5th gears.

Any advice would be welcomed (especially on the clutch issue as I gather from these boards that this is a common problem). Car is serviced and cambelt has been done. Currently at 90k miles.

I'm based in Berkshire and willing to meet up with other Alfa drivers in the local area.

Sponsored Links
AO Rosso Alfa Member
County: Larnaca
Hello and welcome to AO

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

156 , alfa , newbie , owner