first time alfa owner - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 22-10-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: London
first time alfa owner

Hi all,

Although I convinced my brother back in 2003 that a 156 was the way forward it has still taken me 9 years before I took the leap myself. He had 8 years of relatively trouble free motoring and loved his 156 twin-spark to bits until it became to thirsty for the journey's he does.
I was previously a dedicated Saab 9-5 guy which culminated in a 2001 9-5 stage 3 aero with every suspension upgrade available on it to stop the wallow. Unfortunately I had to scrap it and so started the search for a replacement.
Having decided that I have an irrational dislike to audi's, BMW's were to expensive and a little to utilitarian inside for me, that I didn't earn enough to be able to afford a Jaguar XF, and that I wanted all the toys of a saab in a fast diesel, I stumbled onto the 159.
I loved the look of this motor when it was first launched and after a bit of research found a stormwell grey, tan leather 2.4 lusso with low mileage not too far away. I have had the car for 2 months now and so far the only thing I have had issues with is the level of service from the main dealer.

So far loving the car and hoping my alfa experience lives up to my Bro's!!!!!

Sponsored Links
County: Kent

Member car:

Seat Leon Cupra

Was this a purchase from new or an approved second hand? I'm really taken with the 159 but slightly nervous as i had a 156 years ago and it gave me no end of problems
AO Silver Member
County: Galway

Member car:

147 1.6TS

I'm just back from a drive in a 147 with a BIG smile on my face .
Three months into ownership and just getting used to it after two thousand miles . Never had a car like it .
Got niggles like a seatbelt light and it throws up engine warning light every now and then that clears after a while , i need to keep an eye on the dipstick .
Outwith that i cant fault it , great cars and glad i own one .
(Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 22-10-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: London
I got it as an approved second hand, as i say i'm not very impressed with the garage as they seem to cause more faults and damage every time it goes in. Only reason I went for this one was it was the right colour combo, had all the toys and was local. Not convinced the warranty is worth the extra dosh as they are very selective!!
This car had a bit of a unreliable past however having gone through the history it looks like the first owner was meticulous but the second owner never serviced it and soon reaped the consequences. That said sometimes you just get one of those cars that need a small fortune spending on them before they come good. That takes alot of dedication and an ability to kid yourself coupled with a severe stubborn streak. lol.
AO Silver Member
County: New South Wales
Welcome to AO

Saluti, Giordano.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

alfa , owner , time