Thank the Lord I found you guys - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 17-10-12 Thread Starter
County: Devon
Well Happy Thank the Lord I found you guys

Hi, just joined, having previously rooted around the Forum for a couple of months (but unable to drill down to some of the fancy pics without registering). What a wonderful repository of practical info, wisdom and droll humour the Forum is. So here I am all bright eyed and bushy tailed

As of August 2012 am driving a 2007 159 3.2 Q4 v6 which I spotted at Devon dealers after a online search. Wanted a 2.4 diesel really, having had a 156 Sportwagon several years earlier and adored the 5-pot engine, but I couldn't resist checking out this v6 creamer . Lo, in the time it took me to drive down to the garage they had knocked 1000 off the asking price , so after a short test drive I was putty in their hands. A one owner 72k motorway car by the look of it, lovely 18" horseshoes, inside like new, only downside rather a lot of stonechipping up front. But hey what an absolute snip at under 6k. The 11k 2008 Brera 2.4 Jtdm I had been tentatively nosing around suddenly looked like a reckless extravagance.

I've had it about 4 months now, and I'm loving (nearly) every minute, even the weekly wash. I seem to have got a tad slimmer since I got behind the wheel but now realise it's my thinner wallet making my jackets fit better. Ouch! those trips to the petrol pump And whenever I boot it up a hill I get this vivid image of a liquid vortex down a large plughole... which tempts me to save 4000+ revs for special occasions.

But hey, the initial capital savings on the car will pay for a fair bit of extra petroleum (won't it?); I am gradually resisting the urge to obsess over the mpg display, and I've even tried to 'cure' it with an 'economy' remap by a reputable firm. Well the jury's still out on the claimed 15% fuel savings, but heck, I've ended up with the flexibility of an extra 60ft/lb of torque, and about 290bhp to play with. Let's just say - that nicely offsets the added weight of the Q4 system. Oh Joy!

Right, enough of this. I'm off to the technical section to research a few questions about living with this smooth brute...
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: New South Wales
Welcome to AO

Saluti, Giordano.
AO Member
County: Pembrokeshire
Sounds lovely! I was looking at a Brera and 159 before I bought my MiTo. It's my first alfa and I love it! Please out some pictures up!!'
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1605
County: West Yorkshire
Welcome to the V6 club, where people drive round with silly big smiles on there face
Regional Representative
For East Midlands - AOEM
County: Leicestershire
Hello Julian and welcome to the world of AO

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

found , guys , lord