Greetings from an Alfa driving Canadian, living in Holland, posting on a UK site... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 10-10-12 Thread Starter
County: Zuid Holland

Member car:

Alfa Spider V6

Greetings from an Alfa driving Canadian, living in Holland, posting on a UK site...

Well, it took me almost a week from the point where I had given up on owning Alfas until I found myself with another one......

I was driving a 2008 1.8L Alfa GT for the last few years, but got tired of the maintenance costs and the weekly dings on my baby from parking it at Schiphol airport when traveling for work. (it seems to be part of the Dutch culture to damage someone else's car and not leave a note)
So, I decided to sell the GT and use the cash to get my wife a Toyota Prius. My intention was to take over her VW Passat and not worry about the unavoidable damage that it was sure to receive at the airport on an almost weekly basis.

The plan worked perfectly. I sold the GT for a good price, bought the Prius and was content driving the Passat (sort of)..... Until, within three days of taking over the Passat, I saw on a local Dutch car sales website that a Spider owner was in the market for a family car, and was willing to do a straight trade for his Iridescent blue 2000 model year 3.0 V6 Lusso Spider with a bling bling white leather interior...... So, in less than a week, I'm now the proud, but somewhat surprised owner of said Spider.

And, I guess I should come clean and admit that other than a quick test drive, I didn't really check out the car at all before almost biting the sellers hand off to trade the Spider for my boring and ugly Passat that I had resigned myself to driving into a future of motoring mediocrity.

I have been lurking in the shadows of the Alfa Owner site for some time, but now that I own an Alfa that has some niggles that need sorting, I thought that I had better engage for real with you extremely knowledgeable and helpful people.

So, my Alfa loving motoring brethren, please stand by for a plethora of undoubtedly stupid questions about ticking tappets, V6 oil recommendations, leaking hydraulic hood lines, lost keys, leather cleaning, and clutch changes.

Bloody Alfas.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Welcome multi-national you

What a bizarre set of events. A bloomin great car but are you not back to square one as you will probably not want this dinging either albeit a bit cheaper than your GT?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

alfa , canadian , driving , holland , living , posting , site