New to ***** But Not Turbo Cars - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 03-10-12 Thread Starter
County: Hampshire
New to ***** But Not Turbo Cars

Hi all from Portsmouth,

Just took delivery of my Cloverleaf in black with 5 hole 18" wheels on Monday.

What a cracking looking motor!

As mentioned on the site, engine is a little tight at the moment and I have managed to convince myself not to touch the "mental button" until I get a decent amount of miles on board.

I have no complaints at all.....only niggles are that there is no where to put your left foot and the gear knob is made of plastic which seems a bit naff.....silly stuff really not that bothered!

1. Just what is the service interval on these cars? (OK I cant be bothered to read the book!)
2. What is a decent amount of miles to clock up before I start touching the "happy button" and pushing the turbo?
3. Why does the name of the brand we all own get picked up by the sites swearing filter?

As mentioned in the title, I am no stranger to turbo motors....have attached a picture of my track motor, OK its all madness and the ***** cant compare but it does go to show what a lunatic I am!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (31.6 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Greater London
Welcome to AO, nice car you got there. You will have a great time there.
Questions on the G can be posted in that specific forum or as you say may be found in the manual.
Give it a few months and you will be stuck on this site
swear filter doesnt like a l p h a and much prefers Alfa
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 03-10-12 Thread Starter
County: Hampshire
What a muppet I am, I cant even spell the name of the car properly....
County: Cork
Welcome to AO & congrats on your Giulietta

As said above have a look here Alfa Giulietta - Alfa Romeo Forum for any questions.

Also do have a read of your Owner Manual so you are aware of the exact service requirements to keep your warranty valid, you'll probably learn about a few extra features that you may not already have been aware of
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey

Hi, come and join us in the Giulietta lounge!

In terms of using the D setting there isn't a recommended point at which you can start to use it. Some owners use it right off the dealer forecourt, others, like, me run their engines in still, and gradually build up the revs and the vigour D us used. I, for instance, set myself an upper rev limit of 3000 for the first hundred miles and then increased that by 500 every 100 miles and it worked for me, and has done for all my Alfa's. There does seem to be a slight but noticeable loosening once c1000 miles is passed, and a mild additional growliness to the engine note.

D is a hoot, and assuming your ECU has what might be termed the "old" setting it is a real kick in the a*se whe you engage it. Not so easy I find for trickling along in traffic as the extra throttle sensitivity tends to give you racing starts!

Alfa History: 145 1.7, GTV2.0, GTV 3.0 V6, Brera 2.4 JTDm

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

cars , turbo