Hi All - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 25-09-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Lancashire
Hi All

Hi everybody,

just wanted to introduce myself. Even though I've been a forum member for a few years, have not got around to posting on this board.

Been an Alfa owner for 10 years. First with a 1995 plate 145, 1.7 Boxer for 8 years. Then 2001 plate 147 2ltr Lusso 3 door.

Just a month ago, bought a 54 reg 156, 1.8 Sportwagon. Had to change due to the 147 being too small after we had a baby boy in December, and have to carry pram & other assorted baby stuff!
Poor lad was packed in like a sardine when we drove down to Cornwall for a holiday in May.

Had to wait a good few months to find a good one though, and couldn't bring nyself to buy some boring, souless German/French/Japanese estate. Had to be an Alfa again.

The 156 is taking a bit to get used to after the performance of the 147, but I've found it's a good all round car, very quiet. Do a good mixture of roads, country, A roads, motorways etc, and it feels good on all, though a bit laclustre under 2000 rpm.

Got to admit though, my fave was the 145 Boxer. It was rough & ready at times, but the sound it made! Windows down, taking it for an italian tune up through the Lancashire hills. Great fun.

Will be searching the forum constantly and no doubt be asking for servicing advice for the 156. Got to keep the costs down now we've got a 9mth old eating machine to keep!

Anyway, cheers in advance for any help given!
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Perhaps get to one of the local meets if you can.
Temp Un-Registered

Member car:

147 JTDm Ti

Good Afternoon...and Welcome to the A.O. Forum, I'm sure you will enjoy it here........
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 30-09-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Lancashire
Thanks guys. Going to do a bit of maintenance next wk end. Oil change etc. Also sounds like I've got a sticking break pad.
What oil is recommended? Cheers

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself