Falling in love...Wi' - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 24-09-12 Thread Starter
County: Kent
Falling in love...Wi'

When I was 17 I saw my Dad's head turn so fast to his right I thought he might have broken his neck. As he turned the car around on the road from Norwich I first saw the glossy black wedge of purest, hideous evil crouched on the forecourt that had piqued his interest. When the salesman squeezed inside the car he was so tall he had to open the roof. Dad let me sit in the front. The start of the engine was noise enough, but the howl of the 75 V6 Veloce as it tore at the forecourt, footpath and then at the very fabric of the A140 signalled that one of the meanest, blackest horses of the apocalypse had to come and live at our house.

That car had a lasting effect on me. I once dreamt that I stole the car and smashed it to pieces. Upon waking I girded myself to confess, but as I started out to find Dad and the terrible, deserved punishment awaiting me, there she was, on the drive, unmolested, but somehow knowing she had infiltrated my dreams The painful birth of an Alfisti was underway.

When the terrifying creature eventually decided to embark upon pastures new, we missed her terribly. Nothing would ever completely fill the crazily angled vacuum that was left in front of our house, and the hold she had over all of us remained tangible for years to come.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

They do seem to have an effect on us!
Temp Un-Registered

Member car:

147 JTDm Ti

Good Afternoon...and Welcome to the A.O. Forum, I'm sure you will enjoy it here........

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

falling , lovewi