Returning Member (never left, but kept quiet) - Getting an Alfa again - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 23-09-12 Thread Starter
County: East Riding of Yorkshire

Member car:

147 selespeed

Returning Member (never left, but kept quiet) - Getting an Alfa again

Hi All,

Bit of Background: (sorry, i always go on a bit)

I used to have a 147, pearlescent blue when i first joined the forum years ago - unfortunately, i had a 'made to order theft' of the interior seats (driver and passenger) and ended up having it written off (they probably ended up in a fiat punto...). was going to buy it back from insurers for only 300 but just don't have the space to strip it (could i even bring myself to do such a thing?) or repair it, plus my partner was literally about to drop. upsetting thing is, that the police said they where probably watching us for weeks, waiting for us to park it somewhere they could get to it (so watching my pregnant wife getting in and out the car with me) – no finger prints, no dirt and the police even thought they vacuumed the interior! I literally nearly got in and sat on the floor, it looked that normal.

So gone was my 100% working order, well cared for beautiful car, with a soundproof selespeed (as soundproof as they can be), 2.0 litre engine with Bose upgrade and what drove like a dream (previous owner had just spent a small fortune replacing the selespeed pump for a new one before i bought it)... anyway, long story short I'm finally getting an Alfa again!

On Wednesday i pick up a beautiful black 2.2 Spider, 08 reg from JCS kegsworth. It took some self persuasion as i really wanted a brera or if poss, brera s, but the spider was just in so much better condition to every other car i had seen in my price range.

Anyway, been reading up on alfas for the past two years on here while deciding what i was going to get next (nearly was a GT) so hope I've got a decent one and none of the horror stories occur that ive heard about (and mainly that i don't get the seats ripped out this time!).

just wanted to add, that Tim and Andrew at JCS have been great, really good customer service, not pushy, reassuring and willing to add some minor extras to sweeten the deal. All minor issues with the car i had are being sorted prior to pick up (they even sorted some out between first and second viewing which i noticed, and before i even decided to get it) and as long as everything is alright after collection, I'm sure i will be using these guys for the servicing in future!

Wish me luck, and hopefully i will be getting some extras done when i can in future!

below is what I'm after doing when i get round to it, (edited post to not include technical questions! my bad)

K&N Apollo induction kit installation (or maybe an alternative kit)
replacement stainless steel back boxes (would like them to be oval or similar to the prodrive ones)
Gun metal refurb of the alloys (dont need doing yet, still in great condition)
silver plastic head rests behind seats done in gloss black (or preferably the same metallic paint as the car)
Remap if i find a problem with flat spots (didn't notice it on test drive though, might do on drive back from collection)
Sport pedals fitted (not urgent, actually dont mind the rubber standards - so may not bother)

Cheers, and if you’ve managed to get through this meaty post – well done and thanks for reading!

Last edited by Genno; 23-09-12 at 19:20.
Sponsored Links
Temp Un-Registered

Member car:

147 JTDm Ti

Good Afternoon...and Welcome to the A.O. Forum, I'm sure you will enjoy it here........

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

alfa , brera or 147 , left , member , quiet , returning , spider or brera