Hi all I'm new to these forums and new to Alfa Romeo ownership.
I've just bought myself an 04 plate 156 1.9JTD Veloce Estate, and I'm picking it up tomorrow.
I was originally looking to swap my current 2.0 Ford focus for a 1.6 diesel Focus estate as a cost cutting (fuel and tax) and practicality exercise, test drove a couple and was bored to death drive wise and visually inside the cabin. I also couldn't find anything in budget that wasn't about to die.
I found this 156 purely by chance while browsing through a Ford dealer stock list, it looked great in the photos and on paper 3 owners, FSH, belts done not long ago and just serviced and MOT'd by the dealer, so arranged a test drive.
I gave it a drive and it felt great engine was good in all gears, and gave the whole thing a going over. This is where the it 'looked good in the photos' but.. part comes in.
The engine was superb but cosmetically it needs some loving:
- Leather was a bit dirty but nothing a good clean and some leather products wont fix
- Side skirts are loose in a couple of places where the sealent has come away
- Front chrome grill the laqour is pealing and the badge is all nasty looks like water and sunlight damage
- Rear badge has similar damage
- Rear break light cover on the inside is missing
- Front fog light housing is damaged and needs replacing
- The carpet in the passenger footwell below the glovebox is loose and hanging down
- Alloy wheel paint was blistered on all but one wheels in more than a few places
There are a couple more things that also need doing but I cant remember what they are. So with all those things in mind I decided that those were all minor things that I could fix my self (apart from an alloy wheel refurb) over a weekend of TLC and left a deposit.
So tomorrow I'm going back to pick it up and bring my baby home and order myself some replacement parts and fit them this weekend. To say I'm excited about owning an Alfa is an understatement, and Im sure my friends and family are already bored with me going on about how I'll love it and care for it.
I'll post some before and after pictures as soon as I can