Inspired to introduce myself and praise D&W!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 11-07-12 Thread Starter
County: Kent

Member car:

GT Blackline

Inspired to introduce myself and praise D&W!!

Hi All, I've been on the site for a while since getting my gorgeous 07 GT Blackline and have sieved through all the extremley helpfull hints, tips and how too's which come's with owning an Alfa, i must say I'm completeley hooked and am now looking to get a mate for the gt, maybe a gta but ill have to save the pennies for a while

I trained as a mechanic some 20 years ago and have owned a selection of makes/models which I have serviced and fixed myself as I have at first hand seen how dodgy many garages can be(esp. dealers) are and wouldnt let their greasy mits on my motor!

The GT has turned me into a knee wobbling idiot! I was a proper idiot though when I went to buy her because I test drove her(sounded and drove fine) checked everything over(body,leckys,brakes,tyres etc) and in confidence put my cash on the table. Drove away and all was fine.........BUT!

After a month or so I started hearing a ticking which gradually got louder, i tried everything suggested on here to see if it would cure the problem but to no avail and from what I learnt I concluded the variator was naff. If I had a garage and the right kit I wouldve done it myself but alas I dont anymore so after more searching AO I took her to Day & Whites at brands hatch.They confirmed the variator and I booked it in(should've been done in a day) I got a call from them the next day with the bad news the outlet cam was worn, i gave the okay to replace that which they did but then got the next call!!! big end shells were shot and they had to be ordered from italy, im soo glad i had a courtesy car from them. There was a problem getting the right ones and alfa/fiat weren't helping much but the amount of contact they gave me was impeccable. I got her back yesterday purring like a tom cat and feeling like new. They explained the variator noise was disguising the cam shaft/shell noise and that the dealer i got her from had most lightly put something in there to quieten it down.

I cant express how much I value their expertise, yes It was a wallet emptying job but it was well worth it and I will be visiting the seller to express my disgust and demand he pays for some of the work! doubt I'll get anything though.

Anyway I just want to from the bottem of my heart thank everyone at Day & Whites for the extremely professional, friendly service and that I wont be going anywhere else with my alfa.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: New South Wales
Welcome to AO

Saluti, Giordano.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

dandw , inspired , introduce , praise