Undercover GTA - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 10-07-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Zuid Holland

Member car:

Alfa 156

Undercover GTA

Been reading AO for a while now and posted some replies as well but realised I hadn't introduced myself.

My name is Jacco, live in the Netherlands and drive a 2003 Alfa 156 saloon that started life as a 2.0 JTS selespeed but converted it a year ago to a GTA.
Bought the JTS in 2008, liked the Selespeed but not the engine as it had all the typical JTS issues. End of 2010 it started to knock as well which probably meant bearings and possibly more. Didn't want to put any money in fixing that particular engine but still very much liked the rest of the car. Going through the options I found a crashed 156GTA SW, bodywork damaged but all important technical bits looked ok and so a conversion project was born.

I had no experience as a mechanic besides small things like changing suspension, but do have access to a fully equiped garage (which can be a dangerous combination )
Picked the donor car up in Switserland and after six weeks of hard work had a working car again. Replaced everything that had a different partnumber in ePer which included the gastank and all suspension bits, both enginebay and interior were completely empty at some point.

This is now she looks right now:

Proteo Rosso with light grey leather interior. No plastic spoilers or skirts, just nice and clean

2003 Proteo Rosso 2.0 JTS Selespeed fully converted to GTA tech spec.
3.2 24V Busso V6, 6 Sp manual, full front and rear GTA suspension, 330mm brakes, Q2
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: Essex

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

gta , undercover