OH YEAH, new rad hoses (3) and cleaned up the "t" fittling near lower rad connection; cleaned up the intake, MAF when i did the air box. they look new (-ish anyway)
The owner previous to the seller I got in from in Chicago was from New Your State (not sure where at the moment, not NYC) and did a great job maintaining most everything before he sold it. The fluids (oil, coolant, brake fluid (and brake pads) all looked new). The color-change paint job is decent. far from perfect. most things were done decently, but i am finding the MOST random collection of hardware and fasteners throughout the car. One of the first thigs I did was go around to about a dozen places to find better/correct hardware for almost everything. I have not even started the process of putting those back in yet.
The INTERIOR is in fantastic shape. I removed all but the main carpet and cleaned everything and put it back in. conditioned the leather surfaces, degreased the carpets, and did everything but the headliner, which is in decent condition, just a few dirty spots to work with. I am consideriing to dye the headliner or replace it with black (maybe not suede (alcatara? sp?) but to match the quality and finish of the Italian interior. The dash only has one crack, so mabe replace that down the road later.
i have installed the missing passenger door rubber seal (to keep rain out ) and located a full set of unbroken/cracked up turn signals/reflectors. ONE front was good, so I have a spare there. good condition replacements for the front turn signal lenses (under bumper) , but thinking of shaving/dropping the bumpers off??? need signal alternative if that is done. LED? (not period correct) and ADD some driving spot lights....will figure somethng out there...
also did locate (no purchase yet) one, no two full bumper sets if i cant salvage mine. all 4 corner plastic pieces are all cracked up. maybe they can be filled, sanded and repainted to look better???? -anyone done this? curious?
enough for now, that covers almost all of what i did so far...
-well, i did sand, primer and paint the battery well in the rear; but in a new Interstate battery.AND a new hatch support arm ($50 eBay); I need to put the rear carpets back in still. I need to clean them up one more time. the spare tire well might as well be cut out and welded over. It looks like BIG EYE swiss cheese. i thought about replacing the spare tire well to OE condition or welding a sheet in to add a race fuel cell to lower the Center of Gravity in the rear. The OE fuel tank is more vertical. this would give me "some" more hatch space, just in a shallower capacity. to hold minimum track equipment (jack/toolboxes/air tank/parts) if a support vehicle is not following me. no budget for a complete truck-trailer set up at this time
-now, i'm dun. for now. more progress soon... I hope.