Very "Old" Alfa Owner..... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 04-07-12 Thread Starter
County: Ontario
Very "Old" Alfa Owner.....

Hello Folks,
My very first car was a Giulietta TI 1.3L twin Solex in 1970! After 3 month I blew a hole in the 3rd piston, due to a leak in the rubber gasket. I was offered a Giulia Super 1.6 twin Weber in storage for over 16 month 2 years old and I grabbed it. I had it for about 9 month when I hit a bad patch of road and flipped it 4 times. After i came out of a 6 weeks stay in Hospital I got another Giulia Super. I should mention, that this was in Germany, while I did 8 years in the German Army.
My legs were a mess and i had problems handling the Alfa and got a Mercedes Diesel. The saddest day in my life.
After I left the Army in Jan 76, I went to CANADA in the same year. I'm here since then and since 78 live in Northern Ontario. Our Motto "We have 8 month of winter and 4 month of bad sledding"
I bought this 1986 Alfa Spider Veloce with 77464 Km 2 weeks ago. The previous Owner had it for 12 Years and it was stored in a climate controlled area, heat in winter and dehumidified in summer. I drove it more Km in the 2 weeks then he did in 12 Years.
I have to make room in our garage now, so I can store it for the winter and my wife can use the garage too, since she refused to have her Kia Sorento out in the snow in winter

The ONLY hazard I had encountered with top down driving...... You get sunburned .....

On another very Sad Note.... "Sergio Pininfarina" died at 85. He designed the Spider Veloce!!
Read about it
Sponsored Links
AO Rosso Alfa Member
County: Bristol
Welcome aboard

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

alfa , owner