Leeds Newbie - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 22-06-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: West Yorkshire
Leeds Newbie

Hi All,

I've been kicking around here for a couple of weeks and decided to say hi.I don't have an Alfa as yet,but should soon.

Her who must be obeyed works for the NHS. Nursey type and can get a company lease car. So I thinks great, we only need a small car, one eight year old in tow. So I start to search for something suitable that looks good and is fun to drive.

In the end it was a toss up between the Audi A1 Sportline 14 TFSI and a MiTo 135 Distinctive the MiTo won hands down, the boot space, rear leg room, and the drive DNA. The only Audi plus point was the build quality and you could get a DAB radio (wife not me).

So we went head and ordered a MiTo 135 in solid black 18' sport alloys, happy days. Anyhow waited a couple of weeks awaiting confirmation of a delivery date, did a bit of chasing and then told the paper work was all wrong and needs to be submitted again, which is a major nause. on a good point the car works out cheaper, new VAT rules.

So I thinks sod that and asks the car lease guy for a quote on the MiTo QV and due to the VAT rules its within our budget, so what the hell, sick me down for one of those babies.

So all being well we should be getting a MiTo QV in tornado blue in a few months.

I've owned a few cars, my first sporty thing was a CRX Vtec in the early 90's then went on to an RX 7 then calmed down a bit. Had a mid life crisis and when the first VRS Fabia came out I bought one. It's was okay and fun to drive in a straight line with the 1900 VW lump under the bonnet, dreadful on corners mind.

So I'm now looking forward to the MiTo. I did have concerns with the reliability issues that seem to have plagued Alfa, but seeing as its a lease car I don't have to do anything but put fuel in it so I'm not bothered.

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: North Yorkshire

Member car:

164 Q4 Savali

Hello and welcome to the forum
Regional Representative
For East Midlands - AOEM
County: Leicestershire
Hello Ian and welcome to the world of AO
AO Silver Member
County: New South Wales
Welcome to AO

Saluti, Giordano.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

leeds , newbie