Newbie from London! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 09-06-12 Thread Starter
County: Greater London

Member car:

Newbie from London!

Hi all,

I've decided to move away from my usual 4x4 / VW Golf buying and into the Alfa world. As Mr Clarkson said, you can't call yourself a petrol head until you've owned an Alfa! I started 3 months ago with a 2l t spark GTV, lovely on the outside, riddled with issues on the inside.... Sold her and have spent the last 2 months looking for a good conditioned V6 GTV.

So here she is (below) after I've done quite a bit of work on her. I bought her a month ago, 2001 V6, Black on the outside with red leather interior, only 66k miles with all of the usual work (cam belt, tensioner, water pump etc.) done at the end of 2009 at 60k miles. She runs really well and I've just come back from a long weekend in Cornwall - reasonable mpg and no issues as of yet! Since I've owned her I've changed the front and rear discs / pads for a set of MTEC Drilled and grooved after some research on here with front red stuff pads, and braided brake hoses all round. I've added a set of 17" GTA Multispoke wheels with 20mm spacers to replace the rather weathered 16" original rims. Given her a full service and wax, oil filter and oil etc. She has quite a few scuffs / stone chips which is standard on the age of these so would like to clean them up at some point. Also this afternoons job is to repair a slight rip in the drivers seat bolster and paint the rear brake callipers to their original red status!

Overall I'm very happy with her, and this site is great. I have been an avid off roader and owned 5 Mitsubishi Pajeros over the past 3 years and found various forums which helped me there, so I really do believe in all the info on here! If there's anything I come across that's not on here I'll be sure to add it one!

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Ancona

Member car:

alfa 147

AO Platinum Member
County: Cheshire
welcome to AO

Tasty GTV
AO Silver Member
County: New South Wales
Welcome to AO

Saluti, Giordano.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

london , newbie

« Alfa Virgin | Hi!! »