A few questions from a new alfa owner - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
The Man With No Name
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
A few questions from a new alfa owner

Hey,

Im glad to say i have just purchased a 52' reg alfa 156. i used to have a volkwagen and im so surprised with the quality and ride of the car. However when i am going 30 mph, i put the car in 4th, this seems fine the car is not struggling, but i have heard a sort of humm, almost like the noise you hear when running the lines on the motorway but quiter. Anyway i was wondering whether anyone here has had the same thing, or whether i need to get it looked at from the dealer. Cheers

Ash
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: The mad poll maker
AO Platinum Member
 
Pasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Finland
County: -
Posts: 12,381
Images: 8
Re: A few questions from a new alfa owner

Welcome to AO TMWNM

Better post your question in the 156 tech lounge to get a decent answer
Pasi is offline  
Status: -
AO Rosso Alfa Member
 
kurzon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: London, UK
Posts: 45,472
Images: 1

Member car:

156 2.0 JTS

Re: A few questions from a new alfa owner

Welcome to the forum Would I be wrong in saying that Alfa's are very rare in your neck of the woods
kurzon is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
jorila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Denmark
County: Copenhagen
Posts: 622
Images: 29

Member car:

73-Spider 2000

Re: A few questions from a new alfa owner

Welcome to AO

May the tech lounge be with you
jorila is offline  
Status: 660Nm of torqueystuff!
AO Platinum Member
 
Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: British Indian Ocean Terr
County: -
Posts: 15,150
Images: 37
Re: A few questions from a new alfa owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man With No Name
Hey,

Im glad to say i have just purchased a 52' reg alfa 156. i used to have a volkwagen and im so surprised with the quality and ride of the car. However when i am going 30 mph, i put the car in 4th, this seems fine the car is not struggling, but i have heard a sort of humm, almost like the noise you hear when running the lines on the motorway but quiter. Anyway i was wondering whether anyone here has had the same thing, or whether i need to get it looked at from the dealer. Cheers

Ash

WOW!!! Arizona and a 156!!! Alfa's are rare sites over there. Can't say Ive ever seen a 156 over there. Exclusive or what!?
Where is your nearest dealer? Not too sure about your problem. Do you have the aircon running at the same time? Have you had new tyres put on recently?

Welcome to AO!
Hunter is offline  
Status: ready4vacations
AO Platinum Member
 
THROTTLEMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Portugal
County: Porto
Posts: 31,304

Member car:

Alfa 159 QV

Re: A few questions from a new alfa owner

Hi there, welcome to AO!

Any piccies of your new baby?
THROTTLEMAN is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Jedrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: wrexham, north wales
Posts: 2,213
Images: 4

Member car:

alfa romeo 155

Re: A few questions from a new alfa owner

can i get this straight! now i may of had abit to drink but r u lot takeing the p about alfa romeos being rear in italia

oh and welcom aboard mr unknown
Jedrick is offline  
Status: -
AO Rosso Alfa Member
 
kurzon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: London, UK
Posts: 45,472
Images: 1

Member car:

156 2.0 JTS

Re: A few questions from a new alfa owner

Sorry Andy, don't understand the question Even though I have had a drink too

EDIT: Not your fault Andy as I get what you are saying now. It's because his profile originally read as 'From: Arizona'
kurzon is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Jedrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: wrexham, north wales
Posts: 2,213
Images: 4

Member car:

alfa romeo 155

Re: A few questions from a new alfa owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurzon
Sorry Andy, don't understand the question Even though I have had a drink too

EDIT: Not your fault Andy as I get what you are saying now. It's because his profile originally read as 'From: Arizona'
i don't see Arizona writtern anywere on his profile!

all i see is from italy so i gather he's from italy?
Jedrick is offline  
Status: -
AO Rosso Alfa Member
 
kurzon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: London, UK
Posts: 45,472
Images: 1

Member car:

156 2.0 JTS

Re: A few questions from a new alfa owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
i don't see Arizona writtern anywere on his profile!

all i see is from italy so i gather he's from italy?
Andy, I said he changed his profile
kurzon is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

Tags
alfa , owner , questions

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome