I have just bought my first car, a 1999 1.8ltr TS 156 (108,000 on the clock)
I got it for £100 from my girlfriends uncle so I figured i would have some repairs to make but I gave it a good clean inside and out and its not in a real bad state.
My list of repairs to do is quite lengthy and I was wondering if I had made a wise investment?
I have to;
- buy a replacement back door, it has a big dint in it and leaks so there is now mould inside the car and the floorpan has rusted due to standing water.
- replace the seals on the sun roof, they're a bit stiff.
- rusted floor pan in rear passenger footwell needs cutting and welding
- a new gear stick and leather skirt around it.
- new seat belts in the back
- new oil filter & oil change (the car had been sat for 18months)
- 2 new wing mirrors
- & new brake disks
Is this car going to cost me an arm and a leg to get fixed up?
Now I'm worried, very worried!