howdy folks ! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

Taz-Mania

Chilling howdy folks !

hi lads, quick note to say hello ! excellant site ! after longing 4 a 156 for ages, finally got me and the missus one. its a 2002 156 1800. only drawback its done 93000 ! (yikes he must be mad !)the price was good. i mean very good ! engine in very good order, but still gonna do the cambelt/tensioner/variator.also needs exhaust gasket above lamba sensors.ive just fitted lexus tinted lights and cold flow induction kit which gives a great induction roar and better pick up, which i hope to follow with a de cat bypass. looks and sounds mean ! but first i must get the suspension sorted as theres a lot of knocking coming from the left hand side unit. could it be a cv joint or the suspension pan? any how im gonna drop the ride height by about 30 mm. ye'll hear a lot from me in the future ! a lot of work to be done! my god was that a twistle ? Taz

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: South Lanarkshire
Re: howdy folks !

Welcome Taz. Hope you enjoy the form. Suspension noise is probably worn bushes (a known weak spot). You may need to change the swing arms.
Taz-Mania

Thumbs Up Re: howdy folks !

hi frazer, thanks 4 the welcome ! im living in southern ireland, any lads close by ? what is the cost of the arms including fitting normally ? i usally do most of my own work, but due to a new address and lack of a garage this could be more hassle than its worth, as im sure theres a good days work involved. anymore info would be much welcomed, before i start sum thing the estate kids (and me own!) will enjoy laughing at !! TAZ

AO Gold Member

County: Hampshire

Welcome to AO, Taz

There are quite a few guys here from Southern Ireland, so you are in good company.

Some pics of your 156 are always welcome
AO Member

Hi Taz,
Glad to welcome a new budding Alfa owner, hope everything goes ok with the suspension, keep us posted on the progress.
AO Silver Member

County: Fife

Member car:

500 twinair

Hi Taz,

Welcome to AO, hope your enjoying the 156
AO Platinum Member

County: South Lanarkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz-Mania
hi frazer, thanks 4 the welcome ! im living in southern ireland, any lads close by ? what is the cost of the arms including fitting normally ? i usally do most of my own work, but due to a new address and lack of a garage this could be more hassle than its worth, as im sure theres a good days work involved. anymore info would be much welcomed, before i start sum thing the estate kids (and me own!) will enjoy laughing at !! TAZ
Dunno on a 156. I replaced all the swing arms on my previous 166. Lower arms are dead cheap, less than 30 each. Upper arms were 15o200 each from memory. 156 arms should be cheaper.

I didn't fit mine, but I gather it's a fairly straightforward job.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

Tags
folks , howdy