Potential owner (looking likely) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

Potential owner (looking likely)

Hi all, I'm Tristan, 25, from Cheltenham (originally Wigan), working as a hospital porter after leaving the Army as a Communications Engineer; I'm also a Special Constable in my spare time.
I'm by no means new to the forum scene as I join each one for whatever car I own.

Introductions over...

I currently have a Hyundai Coupe V6 and I've spent more on it than I care to imagine (it's a 2002 but I put a 2006 complete front end and complete 2008 rear end and interior on, I had all the interior instruments re-wired and LEDs changed for the swap, I upgraded the brakes to Hyundai XG30 twin-pots, put a TSiii high spoiler on, Mazda 3 MPS 18" wheels and lots of re-badging to the Korean "Tuscani" logos. This is before the many s I put into the audio side).
I absolutely love my Coupe, the V6 isn't "fast" but has more torque than most people can dream of and it's such a pleasure to drive and look at! The one big flaw is Hyundai re-stroked a 2.5 into a 2.7 and the crank didn't like it, they realised this late on and brought out a 2k kit (with the same again in labour) for people with the problem.

I'm developing said problem now and I'm not interested in throwing 4k into a 2k 10 year old car so it's going to be going.
Luckily my dad, who rarely drives anywhere anymore, has a perfectly good (and almost as good looking) '05 2.0 JTS Veloce on their drive that he's willing to "do a good deal with me" on
Now it should be a fraction quicker in a sprint and even at the top than my Coupe, though I can't imagine the mid-range torque will be anything like as fun, and I'll miss my cruise control and some other things but I'll be happy to own the Alfa if it comes to it.

I do have lots of questions about "modding" or as I like to call it "upgrading" such as what are my options with bigger brakes, ever-so-slightly lower suspension and bigger and better (still OEM) wheels... it's a bug and I can't shake it lol. Anyone have any tips for me?

I know it's a lot for a first post but I like to get everything in there from the off - every forum I join soon learns I write VERY long posts and I try to keep my grammar and spelling as correct as possible haha.
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: Languedoc Roussillon
Hello and welcome to AO.....nice intro.....
Originally Posted by Stu GTV View Post
Hello and welcome to AO.....nice intro.....

Haha cheers... I try to be thorough. Everyone will come to see that when I post I don't spare the detail haha.
AO Silver Member
County: Greater London
Welcome to AO mate sounds like you a had a mint coupe.. shame about the repair cost though.. Best thing for you would be to go in to the tuning lounge or the car model lounge.. If you do a search it might save you having to go start a new thread.
You will love it here, plenty of help
Yeah my Coupe is a gorgeous thing... the garage I always went to is in Birmingham as the guy is a Hyundai Coupe expert (worked in R&D as well as training for Hyundai in Korea, America and Europe before going independent) and he's working on sourcing a bigger bearing for the crank (not even a car part currently has the right specifications so he's looking elsewhere and is confident he knows an engineer that makes such things for washing machines of all things lol) that would supposedly cure my rattle before it turns into the "knock of death" but I'm just not interested in spending more money where it will probably only fail again anyway lol.
However I'm really excited about the Alfa now lol. I'm looking into what's needed for the 305mm Brembo upgrade and cruise control retrofitting at the minute lol.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

owner , potential