Another newbie 147 owner - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 17-03-05 Thread Starter
jet
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: manchester
Posts: 122

Member car:

147 2.0TS

Another newbie 147 owner

Hello all,

Took ownership of a 2001 147 2.0 TS last week.
Absolutely love the car so far, better than my previous MKIV golf GTI
and infinitely better than the 306 D turbo that I bought in a moment of madness in between!

cheers

james.
jet is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
Roswell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: United Kingdom
County: Durham
Posts: 33,627
Images: 15
Re: Another newbie 147 owner

Hi James. Welcome to the forum and Alfa ownership.
Quick, change the 'I'm Driving' part of your profile before anyone else sees.
Roswell is offline  
Status: ready4vacations
AO Platinum Member
 
THROTTLEMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Portugal
County: Porto
Posts: 31,304

Member car:

Alfa 159 QV

Re: Another newbie 147 owner

Hi James, welcome to AOer.com

Can you tell us more about your Alfa? Colour, wheels... and if you have piccies, you're welcome to post them.
THROTTLEMAN is offline  
(Post Link) post #4 of 9 Old 18-03-05 Thread Starter
jet
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: manchester
Posts: 122

Member car:

147 2.0TS

Re: Another newbie 147 owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell
Hi James. Welcome to the forum and Alfa ownership.
Quick, change the 'I'm Driving' part of your profile before anyone else sees.

AAaaggh, it's come back to haunt me
Ok as soon as I can find my way to my profile I'll sort that one out.

thanks
jet is offline  
(Post Link) post #5 of 9 Old 18-03-05 Thread Starter
jet
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: manchester
Posts: 122

Member car:

147 2.0TS

Well Happy Re: Another newbie 147 owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by THROTTLEMAN
Hi James, welcome to AOer.com

Can you tell us more about your Alfa? Colour, wheels... and if you have piccies, you're welcome to post them.
Thanks

Don't have any pics at the moment, weather has been horrible since I bought it and it's covered in road gunk! Hopefully get a bit of sun this weekend, give it a nice shine up and take some pics

Car is bright red with cloth seats, manual box, 16" selespeed style alloys
absolutely standard and absolutely immaculate considering it has just rolled over 70k miles. Bought it from a friend at work who was/is also a member on here. Absolutely love the car so far. Can't get enough of the engine sound and the incredibly smooth ride. As previously mentioned I consider it a better car than my previous mkiv golf. As you can probably tell, I'm very happy with it so far

Does ride a bit high for my personal liking though, but the comfort makes up for that. Am considering a stainless steel back box simply because all the standard ones I've seen seem to rust quickly and they are very visible which spoils the look of the car. Don't want anything noisier than standard though.

oops, have a tendancy to waffle on, I'll shut up now! Thanks for the warm welcome
jet is offline  
Status: ready4vacations
AO Platinum Member
 
THROTTLEMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Portugal
County: Porto
Posts: 31,304

Member car:

Alfa 159 QV

Re: Another newbie 147 owner

Very nice to read this, James. Red is one of the best colours, definitly. And so the Sport aka Selespeed alloys! I have them too.

About the back box, I also want to change mine (some day) for a two outlets back box, like the one from Supersprint or even Novitec. Novitec has a back box with 2x60 mm outlets that fits the 147 without the need to work the rear bumper.

P.S. We'll be waiting for that piccies.
THROTTLEMAN is offline  
(Post Link) post #7 of 9 Old 18-03-05 Thread Starter
jet
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: manchester
Posts: 122

Member car:

147 2.0TS

Re: Another newbie 147 owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by THROTTLEMAN
Very nice to read this, James. Red is one of the best colours, definitly. And so the Sport aka Selespeed alloys! I have them too.

About the back box, I also want to change mine (some day) for a two outlets back box, like the one from Supersprint or even Novitec. Novitec has a back box with 2x60 mm outlets that fits the 147 without the need to work the rear bumper.

P.S. We'll be waiting for that piccies.
Yeah, I was looking at the supersprint one on the web yesterday.
Looks really neat, was wondering about the sound though. Ideally I don't want anything that is louder than standard, just want something that looks nice and will last. Could do with listening to one really...
You got a link to any pics of your car?
If I'd remembered my camera I could've taken some today as it's nice n sunny. Oh well!
jet is offline  
Status: ready4vacations
AO Platinum Member
 
THROTTLEMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Portugal
County: Porto
Posts: 31,304

Member car:

Alfa 159 QV

Re: Another newbie 147 owner

I knew a 156 with a Supersprint backbox and, even if the sound was a little bit louder compared to the original it was absolutly fantastic!
I also know how the Novitec sounds because our member "selespeed" had one in his 147. It's silent, but sounds more deep than the original. I like it.

If you want to see some shots of my car you just need to visit my website -> www.alfaspirit.com

Cheers.
THROTTLEMAN is offline  
(Post Link) post #9 of 9 Old 18-03-05 Thread Starter
jet
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: manchester
Posts: 122

Member car:

147 2.0TS

Re: Another newbie 147 owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by THROTTLEMAN
I knew a 156 with a Supersprint backbox and, even if the sound was a little bit louder compared to the original it was absolutly fantastic!
I also know how the Novitec sounds because our member "selespeed" had one in his 147. It's silent, but sounds more deep than the original. I like it.

If you want to see some shots of my car you just need to visit my website -> www.alfaspirit.com

Cheers.
Smashin, I've not looked at the novitech ones yet. I'll do that now and have a peek at your site too
jet is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

Tags
147 , newbie , owner

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome