Hi, im in for a penny....... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 05-04-12 Thread Starter
County: Vibo Valentia
Hi, im in for a penny.......

Hi all,

Nice to be here and hope? that ill be contributing positive things and not moaning about my new car....I hope...Gulp

Being that im 46 and being known for what some call a petrol head for years and owned and driven many a fine car, inc back in the day an 'Alfsud cloverleaf', and just having sold my beloved Toyota MR2 JDM that i have owned, cherished and loved for 10 years (The wifes says, more than her) and needing a larger car..... i have taken the plunge.....

Today i have just bought a 2002 60k, 147 'Lusso' 2.0 Selaspeed. Its in red, with full leather, bose, alloys and all the parifinalia and all for 999 quid! (after a haggle)

Have been mooching about for ages...(Read months), to find the right bit of kit and also been reading the delights and pitfalls of owning such a car, means, im scared, delighted and have all manor of feelings about the purchase.....Why you may well ask, well ill tell you.

The car is in the UK and i live in Italy and next week, when i go to collect it, its coming home back to its spiritual birth place, so if there was ever a test drive for the thing, this will be it, all 1890miles of it!

I know this might seem a silly idea buying an Alfa in the Uk and bringing back to Italy where i live but the fact is that the same car in the same spec/milage here, would be around 6k (Euro) and i have paid just 999 for mine and the other overiding fact for the alfa, if i cant get an alfa serviced in italy...where would you?

Any way, enough from me, i will be posting a few pics prior to the 'Trip' and also do a post trip report and photo's.

Just one thing before i get off, i have done all possible checks, mileage, history, etc paid the garrage to give it a full service and cam belt prior to collection (im a mechanic, so ill know if they have done what they have been paid for)
The question is, what other things should i be worried about prior to setting off, from the car point of view that is.......

Cheers all

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey
Welcome to AO, Mark!
AO Platinum Member
County: Languedoc Roussillon
Hello and welcome to AO.....
Hopefully the trip home will be full of smiles......
Big difference in Uk and Italian prices.....
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1299
County: West Midlands
Hi Mark, welcome to AO, enjoy the ride.
AO Silver Member
County: Essex
Hi, sorry cant stop, off to Italy to sell my Gt!! Welcome Mark!
AO Gold Member
Welcome to AO
(Post Link) post #7 of 7 Old 07-04-12 Thread Starter
County: Vibo Valentia
Thanks for the welcome guys

I wouldnt all be rushing off down here to sell yer alfa's if i were you, They are, after all, two a penny here, if expensive and a right hooker, uk plate car would be liable for import duty at 25% of it original new purchase price , then you need to find someone that would buy said right hooker and that would be like trying to find rocking horse 'Doo,Doo'......Dont think i hadnt thunk of that....

Keep you posted of the trip back as and when....Im more excited/nervous that a pedo in playground ill tell ya

Last edited by Alfauno; 07-04-12 at 00:42.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself