Back again - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 20-03-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Cheshire

Member car:

03, 156 1.8

Back again

I first signed up to the forum in 2008 when I was looking for a 147 as a company car but unfortunately most of my work was for councils and education authorities and the Icelandic Bank scandal ended a number of my contracts and then the recession and council spending cut back just about finished off the rest. I was lucky enough to be a member of the Omega owners forum since its start in 2006 and have helped many members out with repairs to their Omegas at weekends as a hobby with people travelling from all parts of the country to have work done properly for a couple of beers rather than handing their life savings to a Vauxhall dealer. So when council work stopped I decided to help pay the bills by charging a small fee for the work on the Omegas which has kept me going for the last 4 years. Anyway, i've loved Alfas since my Dad had a Giulia Saloon in the 70's, my fist one was a left hand drive Kamm tail Spider which had been imported from America, then I managed to get a 70,s Giulia which had been imported from Cyprus and i've now got a 2003 1.8 156. I came about this car after meeting an old friend I hadn't seen for about 4 years, he asked if I was still into the Omegas and I said I had a 2.5 V6 Manual Black Estate with 190,000 miles on it which I was considering selling due to its 26/27 mpg across town and he asked if I fancied swapping for his 156. My girlfriend wasn't happy when I sold Denzel (her name for the Omega because its big and black) but how could I resist another Alfa plus its 3 years younger has loads of service history and its only covered 76,000 miles. After completing the swap and driving the car for a day I can now see why he wanted to swap. The front suspension is knocking badly, it takes forever to heat up but worryingly gets quite hot when sat in traffic and although the cambelt and tensioners were replaced year it sounds like the Variator is on its way out so i've got my work cut out and i'd better get reading the technical threads. Sorry for the Essay
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: New South Wales
Welcome to AO

Saluti, Giordano.
AO Platinum Member
County: Languedoc Roussillon
Hello and welcome to AO.....

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself