Back in the Alfa fold after 4 years - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
(Post Link) post #1 of 10 Old 01-03-05 Thread Starter
Muz
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Sussex
Posts: 1,269
Back in the Alfa fold after 4 years

Hi all,

After owning and loving a boat tail spider, a sud, a sprint and two 3.0 v6 164's I couldn't take the bills and depreciation any more. I took the sensible route and bought a Porsche 968 convertible and a VW Golf GTI. The bills and depreciation improved but the buzz of driving an Alfa gradually got the better of me, so I'm back with a 1997 metallic blue (no idea what the proper name for the colour is) widebody 155 2.0 16v twinspark

History looks ok and the car drives beautifully, probably paid over the odds at 1900.00 but I just fell in love with the car.

Bring on those bills
Muz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: The mad poll maker
AO Platinum Member
 
Pasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Finland
County: -
Posts: 12,381
Images: 8
Re: Back in the Alfa fold after 4 years

Once the alfa bug has bitten, there's no other car that will satisfy you than Alfa Romeo

Welcome to AO
Pasi is offline  
wrinx
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Back in the Alfa fold after 4 years

Welcome back....and via a 155

Colour will be either Nordic or Atoll blue. Check the bootlid bottom for the code....Nordic is 335A from memory

wrinx
 
(Post Link) post #4 of 10 Old 01-03-05 Thread Starter
Muz
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Sussex
Posts: 1,269
Re: Back in the Alfa fold after 4 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrinx
Welcome back....and via a 155

Colour will be either Nordic or Atoll blue. Check the bootlid bottom for the code....Nordic is 335A from memory

wrinx
Thanks, only picked it up last night so lots of fun to be had checking it out I hope. Atoll blue is the colour
Muz is offline  
Status: 660Nm of torqueystuff!
AO Platinum Member
 
Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: British Indian Ocean Terr
County: -
Posts: 15,150
Images: 37
Re: Back in the Alfa fold after 4 years

Hi Muz,

Welcome to AO! Good to see you came to your senses and got out of the porsche j/k!

Post some piccies of the 155. Im sure we'd love to see it!.

Alfa 20v
Hunter is offline  
Status: -
AO Rosso Alfa Member
 
kurzon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: London, UK
Posts: 45,472
Images: 1

Member car:

156 2.0 JTS

Re: Back in the Alfa fold after 4 years

Welcome to the Alfa fold
kurzon is offline  
Status: making daily raids across the border
AO Gold Member
 
alfaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: United Kingdom
County: Surrey
Posts: 6,451

Member car:

6C 2500

Re: Back in the Alfa fold after 4 years

Welcome fellow blue 155er
alfaholic is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Jedrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: wrexham, north wales
Posts: 2,213
Images: 4

Member car:

alfa romeo 155

Re: Back in the Alfa fold after 4 years

alright m8 welcome to the nut house

i know how u feel m8! i'm love sick over my 155 as well
Jedrick is offline  
146+164So Far!
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Back in the Alfa fold after 4 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muz
Hi all,

After owning and loving a boat tail spider, a sud, a sprint and two 3.0 v6 164's I couldn't take the bills and depreciation any more. I took the sensible route and bought a Porsche 968 convertible and a VW Golf GTI. The bills and depreciation improved but the buzz of driving an Alfa gradually got the better of me, so I'm back with a 1997 metallic blue (no idea what the proper name for the colour is) widebody 155 2.0 16v twinspark

History looks ok and the car drives beautifully, probably paid over the odds at 1900.00 but I just fell in love with the car.

Bring on those bills
Happy you are happy.

Seems to me Alfa ownership is not unlike malaria. You think it is out of your system and then years later it comes back.
 
(Post Link) post #10 of 10 Old 08-03-05 Thread Starter
Muz
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Sussex
Posts: 1,269
Re: Back in the Alfa fold after 4 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by 146+164So Far!
Happy you are happy.

Seems to me Alfa ownership is not unlike malaria. You think it is out of your system and then years later it comes back.
This is true and it comes back without warning!. From the 1st impulse to own another Alfa to actually buying one was less than a week Hadn't really considered it seriously for the previous 4 years
Muz is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

Tags
alfa , back , fold , years

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome